Skip to content

Killed a demon, got nothing for it

Neera just summoned a Nabassu with a wild surge and my party managed to kill it but we got no experience for it. Shouldn't we get something for killing this thing?

Comments

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I summoned and killed a demon, and all I got was this stinkin' t-shirt!

Seriously though, you don't get experience for things you summon yourself.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I suppose it would break the game otherwise.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,157
    Imagine if you could kill the things you summon for experience, kind of a built in exploit there...
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Chow said:

I summoned and killed a demon, and all I got was this stinkin' t-shirt!

Seriously though, you don't get experience for things you summon yourself.

It would definitely break the game to gain experience for everything that you summon or your enemy summons. But we can't intentionally summon this thing and when it does show up it messes things up. And it doesn't have to be experience that we get for killing it. Maybe it could drop a valuable gem or something?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    You can intentionally summon these things in BG2. As BG2:EE will use the same engine as BG:EE, it would have to be tweaked so that killing your own summons gives you something in the first game, but not in the second. I don't think that makes much sense.
  • novotny999novotny999 Member Posts: 10
    well really if you summon something new from thin air then where it should get experience? I think nowhere, so as you get for killing it :) but that T-Shirt should be nice
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    The economy is hurting a people nowadays
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

Neera just summoned a Nabassu with a wild surge and my party managed to kill it but we got no experience for it. Shouldn't we get something for killing this thing?

If the summoning is a fluke which you didn't mean to happen and the demon is hostile then yes imo you should receive exp for killing it.

• MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    You earned the joy of having an extra opportunity to stab something to death consequence-free.
    It's not like I can willingly summon a hostile demon or anything, I just wanted more reckognition other than survival.

YES, a t-shirt would have been nice.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2013

...I just wanted more reckognition other than survival.

Damn kids. Back in the day we were glad to just survive. Life was its own reward. We didn't yearn for "exp" or magic swords or any of that fancy shmancy goobledygook.
    Jean_Luc said:

...I just wanted more reckognition other than survival.

Damn kids. Back in the day we were glad to just survive. Life was its own reward. We didn't yearn for "exp" or magic swords or any of that fancy shmancy goobledygook.
    If this were an actual game of D&D, there would be the roleplay reward of getting to boast to the other NPCs and PCs. Also, it would be included as part of the roleplay xp in some way.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Wilbur said:

If the summoning is a fluke which you didn't mean to happen and the demon is hostile then yes imo you should receive exp for killing it.

That makes sense along the lines of certain wishes in BG2 that summon hostile creatures and for which you get XP.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I gotta say I am surprised that you thought anything different would happen.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    atcDave said:

Imagine if you could kill the things you summon for experience, kind of a built in exploit there...

Can't you just rest in the Ankkheg lair and kill ankhegs forever? In BG2 this would prpbably be a bigger problem if so.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    If you gate in a fiend and then manage to cast protection from evil on your party then you've got a made-to-order killing machine to go to town on your foes. There's a reason you can deliberately summon the damn things afterall.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Corvino said:

If you gate in a fiend and then manage to cast protection from evil on your party then you've got a made-to-order killing machine to go to town on your foes. There's a reason you can deliberately summon the damn things afterall.

LOL. I knew a PW in NWN2 where people used to do this. Killed a lot of newbies that way. Until the Admins stopped them.

Kortok said:

atcDave said:

Can't you just rest in the Ankkheg lair and kill ankhegs forever? In BG2 this would prpbably be a bigger problem if so.
    There's a better one. In the cave where you get the Con Tome the monster your encounter when you rest is a Flesh Golem, and they are worth 2k a pop.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited February 2013
    @Dragonfolk2000 This has been changed in BG:EE. You'll now get carrion crawlers instead of flesh golems as respawns.