Skip to content

How to revert the text size for weight allowed, item amounts, etc.

sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
edited January 2013 in General Modding
In update 6 (build 2012) the text size increased for inventory weights, as well as the amount number of stackable items, and if you want to revert it back like I did, all you need to do is put these *three files in the override folder.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9o4h5Vf8p_EbDZTai15VHgydlk/edit

Let me know if you have any problems

Edit: *Note I've changed the link to the location that has all three number.bam files, all will be required due to the change of color the text gains with encumbrance.
Post edited by sepotter on

Comments

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Just a note: someone in another thread mentioned that it didn't work for them, so I uploaded the other "number.bam" files, I haven't heard back on the test of it yet, but in case anyone else among you may need them (I didn't) here they all are:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9o4h5Vf8p_EbDZTai15VHgydlk/edit
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    I still wonder about the purpose of prodigious digits. It is awful.
    Thank you very much for your hint how to revert this unfortunate "upgrade"!
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    sepotter said:

In update 6 (build 2012) the text size increased for inventory weights, as well as the amount number of stackable items, and if you want to revert it back like I did, all you need to do is put this file in the override folder.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9o4h5Vf8p_ENW1WaFJOZU9qTmM/edit

Let me know if you have any problems

The single file worked for me. Thanks! That huge font was quite the eyesore. :)
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    THANK YOU.
    One piece of text that was missed is when encumbrance is near capacity (or at capacity). In those instances, the yellow (or red) text reverts to the huge new size. Regardless, this is a great and easy fix. :)
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @XKal, thanks for raising the point, never really thought about those colors, and after testing sure enough that's what number2.bam and number3.bam fixes, so if you have all three in your override folder you shouldn't have the problem.
    Gotcha, Thanks!
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Parys said:

I still wonder about the purpose of prodigious digits. It is awful.
    Thank you very much for your hint how to revert this unfortunate "upgrade"!

Cos people complained that they couldn't "see" the numbers...
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    edited January 2013
    That should be an additional option in the gameplay settings, IMHO
    A new way of displaying digits is little bugged. It doesn't properly show the two-digit numbers.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    It's a shame they didn't use the font used to display the amount of gold one carries. It's slightly larger than the original weight / item #s font, looks crisp and has the right font 'weight' (bold-ness).
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    agris said:

It's a shame they didn't use the font used to display the amount of gold one carries. It's slightly larger than the original weight / item #s font, looks crisp and has the right font 'weight' (bold-ness).

I totally agree. The blurred font on potions and ammo looks kind of... off.