Skip to content

Lawful or neutral

a little help here, i'm starting a new game with a lawful neutral charnama, the thing is i can't decide which party member i should use, for RP reasons i only want to use either all lawful or all neutral, seeing that the charname is lawful neural and no qualms in having evil char, btw the charname is a kensai (pure one, not dualed yet in bgee), any opinion is appreciated.

Comments

• When you say "neutral" for the party members, do you mean neutral in any part of their alignment, or neutral on the good/evil axis specifically?

Xan's an easy inclusion (LN), beyond that it gets a little tricky. Ajantis will pick fights with most of the evil characters, and Yeslick will pick a fight with Kagain, one of two Lawful Evil characters. Dynaheir is Lawful Good, but she's connected to Minsc, who's Neutral Good, so you'll have to separate them depending on your criteria for "Neutral". Apparently you can safely have Edwin (Lawful Evil) in the same party as Dynaheir so long as Minsc isn't present and you recruit Dynaheir first.

So that gives you three potential mages (Xan, Dynaheir, Edwin) and one tank (Yeslick/Kagain, maybe Ajantis if you decide to forgo Evil party members) just from the Lawful NPCs. You'll notice we're missing both a Thief and a Cleric. For those, you'll have to go non-Lawful.
  • BGEE_loverzBGEE_loverz Member Posts: 8
    yup, neutral in any part of alignment, meanwhile lawful on good/evil axis, btw i always take imoen in all my run, strickly for RP reasons, so i always got the thief part covered, and once again for RP reasons i normaly only take pair, so with dynaheir a'll have to take minsc and that's a no no in this setup, altough i'm inclined to try the kegain and yeslick combo, since thy're both lawful, albeit on opposing axis, still can't decided, but tks anyways.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Technically, Chaotic Neutral is as much a horror to a Lawful Neutral character as Lawful Evil is to a Lawful Good character, so for roleplaying purposes 'anything neutral is ok' might not be logical (and LN is all about the logic, right? :-p)

Kagain is Lawful Evil, Jaheira is True Neutral (Khalid can have an 'accident'), Branwen is True Neutral, Xan is Lawful Neutral. Either pick up Skie (though impossible without Eldoth, who's Neutral Evil and thus outside the criteria) or pick up Lawful Good Ajantis and make your own character a thief or a warrior depending on the empty slot.
    This way, you'll at least have a tank, two healers, a wizard and either a rogue or other warrior with yourself filling the last slot, and no inter-party conflict.
    If you don't want to deal with the pairs-until-death-do-them-part (Khalid and Eldoth), drop Jaheira for Ajantis, Skie for Edwin and play a Thief yourself.
  • BGEE_loverzBGEE_loverz Member Posts: 8
    ok thanks, all lawful it is, and yes a chaotic character is more feightening to a LN char
  • I second Drugar's recommendation of Branwen, as she's really your only Cleric option until Cloakwood. Good that you're fine with Imoen, too, otherwise your only option for an early Thief would be Safana (Chaotic Neutral).

I think your PC, Imoen, Xan, and Branwen makes a good core that covers the basics. At that point you can choose between Ajantis, Yeslick, Kagain, and Edwin. Ajantis makes for a good tank that you can grab early, but he'll eventually attack any evil party members in the group. Kagain is another good tank you can recruit early, but if you want Yeslick, they'll eventually attack each other, though you could always use Kagain as a tank until you get to the mines and can recruit Yeslick. Edwin is a great mage, provided Ajantis isn't around to try and kill him.

Mind you, there's no reason you have to take a full party of six, especially since you can cover the basic needs with four. It might be nice to have another tank around to take hits for your Kensai, though.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    If you have an empty space, Rasaad is an interesting character and very lawful. He is a bit weak, but not quite the liablity some people make him out to me.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    It makes pretty much no difference in this game whether you are lawful or chaos (or neutral). In fact the only difference I can think of is that some character classes are restricted - once you get into the game I can't think of a single thing that it affects.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    It affects Rp.