Skip to content

[BG2EE] New craftable items and make Cespenar know all the recipes.

I hope this is something that Overhaul is already developing for BG2EE, but wouldn't it be cool to have new craftable items in BG2EE?

Also please change Cespenar so that he knows all Cromwells recipes. Sometimes you just forget to make something you have the items for before moving on to ToB and it would be nice if Cespenar could eg. forge that Crom Fayer for you!
LoremasterSwordsNotWords

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Personally, I think they should change Cromwell so he knows all Cespenar's recipes.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    ajwz said:

Personally, I think they should change Cromwell so he knows all Cespenar's recipes.

Agreed. Obviously some recipes, you're not going to get the ingredients until TOB, but there's some you can get early on (through Watcher's Keep, obviously) and given you can complete WK in SOA, I don't see why you should have to wait for things like the upgraded enchanted quiver.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    ajwz said:

I actually disagree with this. Cespenar being able to forge what Cromwell can is a convinience change and also makes sense from lore perspective, Cespenar being former Bhaal's "butler". Other way around though it introduces over a dozen extremely powerful items to SoA.

Here list of what changing Cromwell to know ToB recipes would introduce into SoA:

Blessed Bracers
    Case of Plenty +2 (since you don't even really have to fight anything to get this you could get infinite supply of +2 bolts really early in SoA)
    Quiver of Plenty +2 (see above)
    Clay Golem Manual
    Club of Detonation +5
    Dagger of the Star +5
    Erinne Sling +5
    Flail of Ages +4
    Helm of the Rock
    Improved Cloak of Protection +2
    Thieves' Hood
    Ixil's Spike +6 (yeah...)
    White Dragon Scale
    Wondrous Gloves

Considering how rare +5(not to mention +6...) weapons are in SoA still this would be huge balance change.
    ScooterSenashSwordsNotWords
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    edited February 2013
    I agree with @Messi, having Caspenar knowing Cromwell’s recipes make some sense; it is also convenient for the player. The other way around though seem both unrealistic and would, I believe, introduce unnecessary unbalances; save those extra items for ToB.