Skip to content

Allow flying monsters to become immune to melee attacks

Flying creatures should have the option to become immune to melee attacks. To do so, they activate their "fly mode" and hover above ground. I always found it puzzling that BG2 dragons that have wings cannot fly above ground or fly away when they get seriously injured.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Given most of the locations you fight dragons are indoors, it's probably hard for them to hover/fly away.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Interesting idea. Now I'm going to have to see what happens if I attack those bats that you often find infesting certain caves. I've never bothered to try attacking them.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Freche said:

Given most of the locations you fight dragons are indoors, it's probably hard for them to hover/fly away.

Yea ironically almost all locate in indoors. But you never can tell how high the ceiling is in the dragon lair.

• LilacorLilacor Member Posts: 8
    ... what flying monsters?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The infamous Zaxis made a comeback?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Original renders for BG creatures has been lost, so creating flight animation (and attack-while-flying, hit-while-flying, etc.) is at least problematical. Right now, all Overhaul can do is working on low-res 2d sprites, so effect aren't going to be spectacular. Not only that, nothing can guarantee that newly created animations would match style of BG graphic. I believe this can't be made, unless source art is found by some kind of miracle.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Flying monsters have to attack you somehow. And usualy that is a melee attack.
    So to attack you, they have to come close to you, in the range of your melee attacks.

So... no. No immunity for flying creatures.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Kirkor said:

Flying monsters have to attack you somehow. And usualy that is a melee attack.
    So to attack you, they have to come close to you, in the range of your melee attacks.

My intention is allow them their ability to do Both range and melee. Some flying creatures should be able to attack you at range. Like a fire breath, minor version of wing buffet, etc
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    they aren´t in d&d, so... wtf?!