Skip to content

Crash Freeze with Summoned Monsters

Hi I recently bought BGE and have been enjoying it thusfar. However, my game keeps crashing.

I'm using an ASUS K52J notebook with an NVidia Geforce 310M card. Also my graphics drivers are up to date.

Anyway, I got my party to Adoy's Enclave. I defeated the Red Wizards. In the battle, I had Neera use a wand of monster summoning. After the battle, I selected and moved everyone including all the summoned gnolls. This instantly causes my game to freeze. I can't escape or alt ctl delete to task manger. I'm forced to manually restart. Thusfar, I havent tried moving the entire group with summoned monsters anywhere else. Therefore, I don't know if Adoy's Cave location has anything to do with it. Before this incident, I experienced the same crash/freeze randomly twice. However, it had nothing to do with summoned monsters. And I don't know what caused those game crashes. Regardless, I have the game saved right after the battle and can duplicate the crash every time.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Crash dumps should have been created in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\crash. E-mail them to support@beamdog.com along with your post. Your save file might be helpful, too.
  • ThomathalusThomathalus Member Posts: 3
    Jalily said:

Crash dumps should have been created in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\crash. E-mail them to support@beamdog.com along with your post. Your save file might be helpful, too.

Hi Jalily. I have no crash dump file to send since there is no folder with that name in that location. I suspect that when my computer freezes and forces a manual restart that this also prevents a crash dump file from being created. But, I'll try emailing support directly regardless.

• SteamerSteamer Member Posts: 25
    I have the same problem, the game keeps crashing after I use wand of summoning