Skip to content

Old Male002 Soundset

BronypwnyBronypwny Member Posts: 12
Hey, anyone got this soundset? I miss it horribly and I don't have Baldur's gate 2 anymore (Was one of the reasons why I was so happy this game came out, and that BG2:EE has been announced)... But when my favorite soundset wasn't there, it made me SUPER sad... Anyone got it? I would really like to have that back

OH OH! Nemmind! I found my old BG2 disks! HUZZAH! *Goes to install*

Aaand now I can't get the sound files to work >.<... Help?
Post edited by Bronypwny on

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    There is a problem with using custom soundsets that should be addressed in the next patch. It's probably coming out in the next few days.

And yeah, that was always my favorite male soundset!
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Which one is that again? "Let's do this quick and painful!" ? I can't remember that one.
    Yep. That one.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Yeah, that sound set was great. Not for a Paladin necessarily, but for some of my favorite BG2 characters.

There was an "evil" female of a similar attitude which I also liked.

Beamdog: any hope of getting those released for the iPad? I was kind of hoping they'd be in the sound pack add-on I bought, but no such luck.
    Nifft said:

There was an "evil" female of a similar attitude which I also liked.

That's the one where the battle cry was a laugh, right? I liked that voice, and the way the lines were delivered. "I'm WAI-ting."

But my favorite soundsets ever were the ones recorded for Heart of Winter (the IWD expansion). The female voices were awesome, and the male ones included one by Mark Hamill.
    Nifft said:

Beamdog: any hope of getting those released for the iPad? I was kind of hoping they'd be in the sound pack add-on I bought, but no such luck.

I would have liked if BG:EE already included the soundsets from BG2.
    @Kilivitz: yeah, exactly. The female who said: "Eeeeveryone will benefit from my leadership," she was great.

Have you had a listen to IWD2's sound sets? "Here I come, and the Hells come with me!" <-- spoken by Saravok. Was that one from IWD:HoW?
    @Nifft this one is also from HoW, if I'm not mistaken. It's very badass as well.

IWD2 had some cool ones, though. The female Drow was nice (voiced by Grey DeLisle/Viconia, of course) and there was a Bard one voiced by the same guy who played Jan Jansen.
    Darn it, now I'm getting all IWD nostalgic...

Yeah, those are some great voice sets.
  • FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160
    Yeah... I really want those soundsets too... D=
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    We really need the custom sounds fix already... >_>
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    That's funny, I got custom sounds to work just fine. Currently using the Diablo 1 rogue for my protagonist's voice. Nostalgia X2. I copied them into data\00766\lang\en_US\sounds. If that doesn't work I hope it's fixed in the next patch :)
    Nope, Custom sounds do not work just fine for anybody...

Putting them into the folder allows them to played fine in the selection screen but in game will only ever fire off one sound file. Either you only tried the selection screen and havent tried in game yet or you have used one of the workaround methods floating around (IE overwriting existing default sets)
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    custom sound set fix can't come soon enough.... can't stand the default voice sets... and most 'new' ones aren't much better.

Too much caricature, not enough character.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    All the soundsets mentioned here are in the dropbox by TiaxRulesAll.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

All the soundsets mentioned here are in the dropbox by TiaxRulesAll.

Cool. Linky?

• BronypwnyBronypwny Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2013
    Is there a way to listen to those? My computer doesn't like playing .wav files, and I can't seem to find the right soundset from there... Also I would like to hear what Edwina sounds like, mainly because I couldn't ever get him to mess up the spell, and it annoyed me so bad!

Also, who DID the voice for the Male002 voice (Yes, the "let's do this, quick and painful" voice), is he credited, because I'd like to know if there's anything else I know him in (Like how it surprised me that Minsk was voiced by Jim Cummings)

EDIT: oooooh... It seems that these aren't normal .WAV files, and cannot be played on Windows normally... Anyone got a way to fix that?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    They all play in character creation.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Was there some specific reason all the BG2 sound sets were excluded from BG:EE? I was really disappointed to see so few available sets.

"Let's do this quick and painful!" was perfect sound set for so many chars.
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    I'm a busy maaaaan!
    yeah as KidCarnival has been saying... You can just drop the soundsets as is into the folder and hear them all fine in the character creation screens. They only stop working correctly in-game which is a prob with the game and not the sets themselves. Once this issue is fixed all should work fine in game without any changes.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Bercon
    They weren't excluded; they just weren't included. The BG2 sound sets are in BG2, not BG1.

As to why they weren't included, I can only imagine it's because they wanted to leave something for people to discover when BG2ee is released.
  • nzdawghausnzdawghaus Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017
    -meh-
    Post edited by nzdawghaus on
  • FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160
    Aosaw said:

@Bercon
    They weren't excluded; they just weren't included. The BG2 sound sets are in BG2, not BG1.

As to why they weren't included, I can only imagine it's because they wanted to leave something for people to discover when BG2ee is released.

It kinds of break continuity when you just change your sound set when you progress to BG2 though. Same thing with the character portraits (though these are easier to mod in).

I don't imagine it taking much work to implement them, so I was a little surprised they weren't included.