Skip to content

Firebead's quest - Thethoril will not give the scroll

PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
edited December 2013 in Fixed
I have just downloaded the Mac OSX version and have tried to complete Firebead's quest, however, Tethoril only encourages me to speak to Gorion and not give the scroll...

Expected behaviour: after getting the quest from FB, Tethoril should give the ID-scroll.
Post edited by Jalily on
[Deleted User]DrakonSilverstarRush_that_speaksQfwfqJairyannaKryptikmoLeoNegusSornEnterHaerDalisMoomintrollQuantumDrone

Comments

• MelchiorMelchior Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    A workaround if you have enabled the Console, type
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("SCRL75")
    into the console to get an identify scroll and then talk to Firebead.
    QbertArchanyll
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Came here to say same thing (OSX)
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Yeah, for now I can't see any way around this other than the console.
  • RangerSGRangerSG Member Posts: 22
    Looks like the update broke this quest somehow.
    IthualRetsuyama
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    After accepting the quest from Firebead, Tethtoril won't give me the scroll, thus not allowing me to finish the quest.
    Durothil
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    Yes, the new update broke it. Why is there new bugs with a new update?
    Durothil
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Same here. PC version. Using the new Dragon Disciple kit though cannot imagine that should matter.
  • RangerSGRangerSG Member Posts: 22

Same here. PC version. Using the new Dragon Disciple kit though cannot imagine that should matter.

It doesn't. I used an elven Fighter/Mage, and then a Half-elven Bard. Both could not complete the quest. It's simply broken.

LuthfordDurothilTakezow
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Same here, human fighter. Race and class do not seem to matter. All I get is is "Thethoril has nothing to say to you."
    Henzington
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Balquo said:

I've already reported this but here is a quickfix in the mean time. This may require a new game to work.

Stick both files in the override folder.

Thank you :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Balquo said:

I've already reported this but here is a quickfix in the mean time. This may require a new game to work.

This works for me, though you have to initiate conversation with Tethtoril, didn't he come up to talk to you originally?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    I also noticed that Karan and Parda no longer walks to me automatically when I leave those houses, but instead they wait in the very corners of candlekeep walls and only approach me when I walk by and have them in sight.
    Jairyanna
  • KurakaiKurakai Member Posts: 18
    I was about to make a post regarding this quest. I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS.
    I also tried it on my Windows 8 partition on my Macbook Pro and same thing happens. Guess I'll have to use the console!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746

Balquo said:

This works for me, though you have to initiate conversation with Tethtoril, didn't he come up to talk to you originally?
    He initiates conversation once his timer has expired. It's always worked this way. So if you go to him straight away from starting a new game his timer will still be counting down.

Oxford_Guy
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Balquo said:

Balquo said:

He initiates conversation once his timer has expired. It's always worked this way. So if you go to him straight away from starting a new game his timer will still be counting down.

Oh, okay
    Pecca said:

I also noticed that Karan and Parda no longer walks to me automatically when I leave those houses, but instead they wait in the very corners of candlekeep walls and only approach me when I walk by and have them in sight.

Is this multiplayer or singleplayer? The way it works now is that he spawns off screen and makes his way to the PC. I just tested and it works fine. But I was testing in singleplayer.

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    @Balquo
    I also play singleplayer, this is weird. It seems my game is broken then, but I don't know why. I had SCS installed but I uninstalled it before downloading this patch, no other mods.
  • KoraxKorax Member Posts: 20
    I have started a new game with a Dragon Disciple and I have had the same problem: Thethoril doesn't give me the scroll. This occurs in PC version.
  • MeekratMeekrat Member Posts: 31
    Tethroil refuses to give me the Identify scroll to complete Firebead Elvenhair's quest in Candlekeep. He should give the scroll after accepting the quest.
  • menkarrmenkarr Member Posts: 54
    me too.. i'm having the same problem
    Merged some threads.
  • KoaladevourerKoaladevourer Member Posts: 2
    I tried downloading the files and extracting them in the override folder, but no change to the bug.
    @Koaladevourer Did you try from a brand new game?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KoaladevourerKoaladevourer Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Balquo said:

@Koaladevourer Did you try from a brand new game?

Yes it was.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    Melchior said:

A workaround if you have enabled the Console, type
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("SCRL75")
    into the console to get an identify scroll and then talk to Firebead.

okay this worked for me on OSX Thanks Melchior.
    IronMask75Rellin
  • reduandewolfereduandewolfe Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday after update download and starting brand new game I have the same problem. :/