Skip to content

Optimal uses of Drizzt's equipment.

Since the day he had the misfortune of making a cameo in this game, a gazillion topics have been written on the same topic: how to kill Drizzt. Even more topics have been popping up lately on RP reasons to do so, which I personally find silly because if you want his stuff you should just stab him and get done with it but hey, to each their own.

Now I don't really care here about how you managed to kill the poor ranger and whether it was by honorable combat, by glitching or by some other shenanigans (most likely involving werebears). Let's just say you used your "mouse magic" to force your Lawful Good charname to do your bidding and now you are one chainmail and two swords richer. Which brings us to the subject of this topic, and the absolute best part of murder.

The loot.

Which are the characters that benefit the most from Drizzt's equipment? From my experience some teams get next to nothing from killing him except for bragging rights, while others take great benefit from it.

For example Mithral Chain +4 is the best armor a barbarian can wear; the same goes for bards, assuming they are willing to give up battle casting. It is of course great for fighter/thieves.

Icingdeath is useful to anybody; Twinkle on the other hand often sits unused because it's hard to equip. Personally I like giving it to Rasaad, but lately I've been considering sticking an Helm of Opposite alignment on Montaron* or Shar-Teel and letting one of them them wield it.

I'm interested on hearing your opinions on the subject. How do YOU use Drizzt's equipment?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Drizzt's armour is best for fighter/thieves (or cleric/thieves), as currently allow thieving with no penalties (unlike elven chain, though normal thieves can wear that).

I'm going to give the +3 Icing death scimitar (not Twinkle, as I'm chaotic neutral, to avoid feeling bad about pickpocketing him) to my blade, who will dual wield this with the +2 Rashad's Talon. I've put no pips in a ranged weapon, just scimitar and dual-wield, but will use the Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy to counteract the non-proficiency penalty. I'm not going to bother trying to kill him, as seems to require cheesy tactics.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    The Mithral chainmail is aboslutely great for barbs and fighter/thieves. I always get it for my guys. My swashbuckler/fighter has 3 pips in dual wield and 5 pips in scimitars and has - 8 AC.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Bhaaldog said:

I sell the items and donate the proceeds to a local temple.

I wash the chain mail, iron it, then give it to a charity shop.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited February 2013
    I wore the chai mail for a long time but after my adventuring days were over I gifted it to my nephew Phrodo. He wore it and it saved him from being impaled on at least one occasion.
  • dvdbangsruddvdbangsrud Member Posts: 19
    ajwz said:

Bhaaldog said:

I wash the chain mail, iron it, then give it to a charity shop.

Charity shop? The thrift shop down the road?
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I usually make Jaheira proficient in Scimitars. It's all different for each playthrough, but sometimes she is a good character and can wield Twinkle, sometimes I make her tanking and sometime dual wielding.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Freche said:

I usually make Jaheira proficient in Scimitars. It's all different for each playthrough, but sometimes she is a good character and can wield Twinkle

Isn't she True Neutral as a Druid? I guess you could mod this to Neutral Good in Shadowkeeper. If good-aligned, though, the dilemma here is how would a good-aligned character obtain Twinkle in the first place...
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Originally she is Neutral, but she feels more like a good person then a neutral one so I quite often either change her with SK or install that component from the tweak pack.

I don't strictly RP every playthrough, using some npcs could justify getting the swords even while RPing.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Bhaaldog said:

So evil. I like it!

the dilemma here is how would a good-aligned character obtain Twinkle in the first place...

By stabbing Drizzt with something sharp*, because the player himself is Chaotic Greedy. :P

*something blunt is better, technically speaking.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    edited February 2013
    @Fafnir

If I'm Chaotic Neutral and I kill Drizzt merely to see if I'm strong enough to be number 1 under the heavens as the Japanese would say... =)

I like to give Imoen Twinkle if she's good and I've kept her as a straight Thief.

I spec her like this:

+ Single Weapon Style
    + Short Sword
    + Short Bow
    + Scimitar

She can't lose with Twinkle and backstabbing, her AC becomes so easy to buff with that bonus she never gets hit anymore.

Rassaad is also the other obvious choice for Twinkle for sure...it's practically made for him to give him an AC boost for off-tanking / relief.

If I've got Jaheria I'll give her Icing Death and Sword and Board it. But that one could go to anyone.

I don't believe that a PC of any Good Alignment would kill Drizzt though...or that Lawful Neutral and True Neutral would have a reason to do so...so for Evil parties it becomes harder to figure out where Twinkle would go since there's going to be fewer, if any good NPCs.

The Armor is fine on anyone, but it's light so NPC's like Vicky benefit the most. (Or Garrick, Eldoth, Khalid, etc)
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    the best use of them is chunking people who can't make a decent party without finding excuses to kill Drizzt.
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    I've never took his stuff. Usually just use that Vascona or whatever. Drizzt is a decent bloke i dont wanna murder him for his stuff. That's just mean.
    daven said:

I've never took his stuff. Usually just use that Vascona or whatever. Drizzt is a decent bloke i dont wanna murder him for his stuff. That's just mean.

@daven That's why I say you gots to be Chaotic Neutral or Evil in some way to justify it...even Lawful Evil I have a hard time saying it'd fly.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Debaser said:

The Armor is fine on anyone, but it's light so NPC's like Vicky benefit the most. (Or Garrick, Eldoth, Khalid, etc)

LOL. Vicky wearing Drizzts armor. That is just the right amount of wrong!

Debaser said:

LOL. Vicky wearing Drizzts armor. That is just the right amount of wrong!

I always give it to her haha....maybe I like that sort of irony?
    Vicky in a chainmail bikini?

Vicky in a chainmail bikini?

@the_spyder

It's very Red Sonja (Cerebus) but yes. The main thing is...she's hates house Do'Urden...and Drizzt is from that house...AND he's a goody two-shoes...seems like she'd just snap that little number up and make it work for the sheer pleasure of it.
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Since you are a Bhaalspawn, even though you have good alignment, couldn't you go all raaaaaaaaaaaaaar aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhh murderrr blooddd and kill him in a moment of rage?
    IkMarc said:

Since you are a Bhaalspawn, even though you have good alignment, couldn't you go all raaaaaaaaaaaaaar aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhh murderrr blooddd and kill him in a moment of rage?

@IkMarc

In BG2 after a certain story arc...YES....but....not in BG1 when you're innocent and struggling with dreams...I mean you can, it just won't really be going with your alignment.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I like the armour more than the swords honestly. Being able to stealth and backstab while having good AC is just too good to be true. Really changes the playing field for many thief multi or dual builds who are really squishy without it.

Swords are ... Boring I guess. Done 2 playthroughs with charname using them and don't want to do anymore. Now I'm mixing it up.
  • HandofCromHandofCrom Member Posts: 16
    He's drow. Drow are all evil. Killing evil creatures is inherently a good act. Saving Viconia is fine because she's awesome.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Kill him and blame it on the captain morgan... Works for my C.O.

He's drow. Drow are all evil. Killing evil creatures is inherently a good act. Saving Viconia is fine because she's awesome.

Oh, no. Not another one.