Skip to content

Trying to use the new kits for existing characters...

I, like others I'm sure, was disappointed to find that Rasaad is still a vanilla monk even though his character should clearly be the new Sun Soul Monk kit. I'd like to edit him into that new kit, as well as have the potential to edit Kagain into a Dwarven Defender. I might goof around with some of the single-class thieves in BG to make them Shadowdancers, too.

So my question is simply: How do I go about doing this? Shadowkeeper only lists the original classes and kits, so it gives me no help in trying to kit a monk. I'm not well-versed enough in the Console commands or Near Infinity, though if someone gave me some instruction I might be able to blunder through...

I've got my new Good file on hold while I figure out how to change Rasaad up, so I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.
DebaserKidCarnival

Comments

• DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    @Madhax

They really need to make an official BGEE game editor you can download for free, which would just be an updated version of Shadowkeeper that works better with new OS and modern computers. I requested this last fall but no one really jumped on that thread, but I think it's needed.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Then stop waiting, @Debaser, and go here to find EE Keeper.

@Madhax, if you read the topic beyond the download message I pointed to, you'll find explanations how to add new kits to the list provided in EE Keeper and change a character's kit, too.
    DebaserMadhaxFlashburn
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    @Isaya

This is so wicked awesome!!! Thank you Isaya!
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Thanks Isaya! I knew there was some interest in making an EE Keeper, but didn't realize it was complete, and I certainly wouldn't have figured out how to edit in the new kits without your help. You've saved my game!