Skip to content

[Request] Multiplayer Chapter Select

This is a request for the multiplayer matchmaking software Overhaul is developing. One of the main problems I (and others) have run into playing Baldur's Gate with strangers is a tendency to play with a party for several hours, save the game, and never wind up getting back together to continue the game. You wind up getting to Nashkel Mines over and over again and never progressing much beyond that.

If there were an option to select what chapter you wanted to start at, and be able to join a party also playing that chapter, it would dramatically improve the multiplayer experience.

Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Although I don't play on multiplayer, I think it would be a very good feature.
    But then again, what about sidequests quests and containers, that you would probably have made/looted by that moment? (ring and FAI, ankheg stuff etc.)
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    @Kirkor There are a bunch of ways to tackle that. I've already basically done my recommendation for the people in the skype chat room I set up by creating several multiplayer save files at various key points in the plotline, so players can start from wherever they want by loading the right file. I didn't pick up any non-quest items while creating those, so if the players want to retrieve anything they can.