Skip to content

Few kit creation problems/questions

TomeTome Member Posts: 466
edited February 2013 in General Modding
Just finished off my first Sorcerer WeiDu mod, but facing a couple of problems:

-Tried to add the Dragon Disciple CON bonus. Didn't work ingame when I reached necessary level. Is there another way to add stats after reaching certain levels?

-Is there any way to give the kit the same item usages as a Fighter/Mage?

-Can I add Wild Magic/NRD to the kit?

Any advice is much appreciated. :)
Post edited by Tome on

Comments

• TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited February 2013
    Post no longer needed.
    Post edited by Tome on
    Sorry to bump, but I'm making no headway. I won't bump this again until Friday to avoid becoming an annoyance. Any advice would be received gratefully.
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    edited February 2013
    Okay, the con bonus should work fine if you put the spell in the clab file, using timing mode 1 - permanent and make sure the probability is 0 - 100%.

For the same item restrictions as a fighter mage just combine the usability flags of the closest fighter kit and a mage kit when installing the kits (open kitlist.2da and look for the unusable values for fighter and mage and add the two together). You will also have any sorceror restrictions on top of these which is unavoidable without some heavy modding (look out for mine and mordeus kitpack for a little peek of what you can achieve with some effort in this area).

There is an opcode to add wild magic (number 280) to a creature, so I would look into that in dltcep

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    This Kit you are making sounds interessting. Are you willing to share it ?
    I would like to have something like a Fighter/Dragon Sorcerer ;)
    Thanks.
    edited February 2013
    @Requiem Thank you very much-turns out the CON bonus was only not working because, like an idiot, I forgot to update my CLAB file with the one that added Constitution.

@Darkersun: Certainly, the main reason I made the kit was to share it with other BG fans! :)

The kit is called the Eldritch Knight (reference to a 3e Prestige)

It will require a mod that adds Use Any Item to the game.

So far it's basically a Sorcerer with Use Any Item, CON bonuses and a few other goodies thrown in for the heck of it. I'll probably end up releasing an overpowered version for people who want F/M level power and a balanced version with drawbacks for those who don't. The balanced version will come out later as I want to work out a way to give it unique and interesting drawbacks. (need to work out how to replicate the DD's fewer casts for one thing)
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Sounds very nice. Keep up the good work. Iwill for sure try it ;)