Skip to content

[Request]Alignment-Based Dreams/Abilities

Did a quick search and (surprisingly) haven't seen anyone request something similar:

I think most of us agree the dream sequences could have been implemented better. Seeing as how easy reputation gain is even the most evil parties usually have a reputation of 10 or higher. If the plethora of LP's and youtube videos are any indication, the vast majority of players get the typical good dreams. The evil dreams are actually quite well done and usually pretty subdued (they fit a neutral character better than the good dreams do in my opinion).

How difficult would it be to change something like this? Even this implementation wouldn't be perfect, as what alignments get which dreams? Lawful/Neutral Good and Neutral/Chaotic Evil are simple enough, but when you have to mix and match it gets a bit more complicated. Which dreams would be good and which would be evil?

Optimally for me, before each dream started there would be a dialogue option (something cleverly written, as opposed to "Which Dream do you choose? - Evil - Good") that would determine which dream, leaving the choice up to the player. But anything is better than metagaming the reputation system to see the evil dreams.

Comments

• SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    I dunno. I like having one of each of the six abilities. Means I have to keep bouncing my rep back and forth but if it was based on a static alignment, I think I would have to play True Neutral to get that. : /