Skip to content

No gain experience

Hello!
Today i've bought baldur's gate EE. I started a new game and i've imported my character from BG2. He's bi-class warrior 12lv and mage. The problem is that he doesn'g gain experience. All the other party members do, but my imported character don't.
What can i do?
Thanks

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited February 2013
    He's well past the level cap. The xp cap in BG1 or BGEE is 161k xp, whichwould only get you to about level 8-10 depending on class. It isn't intended for you to import a BG2 character into this game.

That said, there are options for XP cap removal floating around these forums that could help you if you want to pursue this line of play.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    The game will probably be a lot more fun if you create a new character. Coming in at 12th level you won't find much interesting in the first game. Not to mention, even if you remove the cap, you will probably only gain a single level for the entire game!
  • ogamogam Member Posts: 6
    Ok thanks. Well if i've understood, exp points are different between BG2 and BG. Right? If things are these, i'l start a new game with and i create a new character.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    ogam said:

Ok thanks. Well if i've understood, exp points are different between BG2 and BG. Right? If things are these, i'l start a new game with and i create a new character.

In BG:EE (like original BG1) characters start at level 1 and in BG2 they start at 7-8 (if I remember correctly). In BG:EE there is a lot less experience available for the party.

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Hint: BG2 has the "2" for a reason. It takes place after BG1/EE. Your character is meant to start the journey leading to the events of BG2.
    Well, if i'm going to start new game with a mage, it won't be able to learn spells of 9th level?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    ogam said:

Well, if i'm going to start new game with a mage, it won't be able to learn spells of 9th level?

Not in BG. But when you transfer that character to BGII later, you will be able to attain those other levels.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    You'll only be picking up 5th level spells by the end of BG1. BGEE is only BG1.
    Noooooo :(
    I love stop time! :)
    Well, it doesn't matter! But why have they decided to make a baldur's gate where your character starts again form 0lv, and not goes on from BG2?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Because they haven't made a new, third game, they enhanced the old, original, Baldur's Gate and rereleased it. That is why it is called Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    ogam said:

Well, it doesn't matter! But why have they decided to make a baldur's gate where your character starts again form 0lv, and not goes on from BG2?

Because Baldur's Gate 1 (which BGEE is derived from) was made before BG2 and is set before the events in BG2
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    ogam said:

Dude, BGEE is BG1.