Skip to content

Why my berseker / druid cant cast spells?

They are memorized in the book but i cant cast they.

Why?

Im lv 5 berseker 6 druid

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    are you silenced?
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2013
    Are you wearing armor that the druid cannot use?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Have you cast spells before or is this new to you?

If new:

Are they actually memorized in the book

This means chosen (clicked on) from the "top" page they are on which transfers them to open slots on the bottom page where they are sort of greyed out until you rest for 8 hours.

• VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    I could cast, but all of a sudden icant. They are memorized
    Im dualed, why i would not be able to use armor? Well i cant cast spells even naked!

No im not silenced...
  • bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86
    I had the same problem before. I have no idea what caused it. Try reloading, or shapeshifting. It was some combination of that that i had to do
    What happens? are the spells showing on your tool bar? have you tried different spells? Sometimes there's a glitch with healing spells where it looks like you have some left on the toolbar but they are actually used up - this can happen when a rest is interrupted.

Have you tried saving then quiting and restarting?

Have you recently been fooling with the console or modding programs?
    Its ipad. No modding.
    The spells in the bar are gray, i cant select they.
    I tried to shapshift and reload.
    No avail...
    And I assume you tried resting again?

Im dualed, why i would not be able to use armor? Well i cant cast spells even naked!

No im not silenced...

I've never played a berserker->druid before, but my mage berserker->mage could not cast spells when wearing armor that a mage cannot use. I am not sure if the same rules apply, but thought it would be worth trying.

Hopefully you will solve the mystery!
    JLee said:

No im not silenced...

I've never played a berserker->druid before, but my mage berserker->mage could not cast spells when wearing armor that a mage cannot use. I am not sure if the same rules apply, but thought it would be worth trying.

Hopefully you will solve the mystery!
    Different for mages - they can't cast in any armor but can wear armor as a FM - but fighter/druids can cast in any armor they have the strength to wear - you can put plate mail on Jahiera without issues

JLeeTJ_Hooker
    @wanderon Good to know, thank you for clarifying that!
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    I had a problem like this - the 'cast' button suddenly greyed out. I got around it by assigning every spell I wanted to cast to a quick-cast slot when I wanted to use it. If this is the problem you're experiencing, this solution might work... assuming fighter/druids have quick-cast slots (don't remember).

As for what causes it, I don't know. I was in Black Pits and had just been teleported back to the hub when I found it had happened. Might sometimes happen when silence wears off (I remember getting a silence reflected back at me by spell turning in one match, but don't remember if the two incidents were related).
    Well i gave up last night and guess what? Today he is casting again.

Poor CHARNAME has casting problems :(
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    You probably should bug report this? Hope it doesnt happen again!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Have you ever been polymorphed/shapeshifted? Like maybe Neera polymorphed you into a squirrel or wolf by accident...or you were hit by bolts of polymorphing/wand of polymorph and such. Those are the only things that grey out cleric/druid spells as far as I know and sometimes that effect is persistent even after returning to human form.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Well i gave up last night and guess what? Today he is casting again.

Poor CHARNAME has casting problems :(

Maybe there is some oitment for that?
    Darrylson