Skip to content

'The Walking Dead' Video Game, Opinions?

DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
I've been a big fan of the Walking Dead series for awhile now, always watch the t.v show and when i get the time i read the comics too but i never felt the desire to play the video game when it came out. I don't know if it was the cartooney style or the strange manner in how the game worked but i decided i wouldnt buy it, but last week i had some spare change laying around and was having a slow weekend and i saw Steam advertising it and i thought, what the heck lets give it a go, even if it sucks might keep me entertained for an hour.... it blew me away, i think i actually enjoyed it more than the t.v series and comics and i got really attached to my character and those around him, something which i don't usually feel in this day and age of gaming. The tough choices were really... well, tough and heartwretching i will avoid using spoilers for anyone who hasnt had the pleasure to play it (but i would 'really' recommend you atleast try it out) but even my dear loving girlfriend got engrossed in it and she is 'not' a gamer in any sense of the word, at one point she even cried which nearly made me (a quick manly self-slap to the face cured that in myself right quick) i got so hooked to it that i even took a 'sick' day to continueing playing it to see what happens, no game has made me want to do that in... i don't know how long! so i was wandering anyone who has played it, what they thought of it?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    zzzzzz
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2013
    If the comic is okay and the show is terrible, the game is fantastic.

The fact that Telltale also managed to make a good game is also startling.