Skip to content

Bard song radius

Anybody else think the bard song radius is ridiculously small and unrealistic?

Seriously, the radius is like 5 ft. Your in the wilderness, with no industrial sounds, think about it. Music from a harp + Singing = the whole god damn land should be able to hear the sweet sound of music.

Just got hacked by Ingot in 1 hit on my 75 stat no reload challenge because I had to get 2 feet within my front line NPC's for them to gain the benefits of my Scald song.

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I think the range of the bard song varies with the different kits, but yes, the range of Skald song is quite short (dart range, more or less, I think - more than 5', though!)
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    It's terrible and completely unrealistic. It's far less than dart range and doesn't even trigger properly half the time. They should at least include how shitty the range is for each type of bard song because it makes a monumental difference in terms of effectiveness. The radius should be more than the entire screen because he/she's playing a damn harp and singing - even if it were 20 feet it would still be unrealistic by a long shot
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    @EnterHaerDalis - That might wake up the monsters off the edge of the screen... so maybe the Bard is playing very quietly on purpose?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    In a better world, the song would have different effects depending on how close someone is to the bard. Being within very close range (current radius) would improve the saving throws for... let's say +4 (or reduce enemy -4), if you're far away, it's just +/- 1. With higher levels, the "close range" would become larger. That would be more realistic, if you're far away, you can still hear the song, but probably don't understand the lyrics or whatever, and hence would not be as encouraged by it like when you're directly in range of the bard.