Skip to content

| Project 'E' | - Planescape: Torment (Fan) Art.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    These are freaking amazing!
    TJ_HookerSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaak
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
    Beautiful work. So dark and creepy. Love it.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    You should try and draw more in the future. I like these a lot.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Amazing!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    There should be a 'Love' button, these are amazing!
  • MaledictMaledict Member Posts: 9
    Many thanks guys. :)

I guess the greatest compliment came from Chris, the lead dev on Torment himself (We met face-to-face first time, at GCAP 2012 in melbourne), when he said, paraphrasing, "John, if we had that concept (Of Trias), during development of Torment, we would've used it"
    DrugarEudaemoniumSteamer
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Whoah!
    I printed those 4 off almost a month ago - they've been at Osidian Entertainment for a while. Chris asked me if it was ok for them to put it on their website and announce it there as well as their twitter. Unfurling them seemed to have taken quite a while. They were rather tightly packed in the tube. :)
    CrevsDaak
    These were the prints: I kept one of each of the glossy A3 prints for my personal portfolio.

So Obsidian received 4 of the canvas prints, 130cm by 90cm for all 4, and 4 A3 glossy photo paper.
    DrugarCrevsDaak
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    these are really f*in sweet, you managed to capture that unique planescapy feel, bravo!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Signs that you have played too much Torment....awesome art!

Great work Maledict! :)
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited February 2013
    The first one is awesome.
    Bhaaldog said:

What is project E?

[E]qualibrium, [E]ntropy, [E]nigma, [E]xtropy... things that start with 'E', I guess.

Edit:

@Drugar
    Drugar said:

There should be a 'Love' button, these are amazing!

Edit 3: Yes, there should be.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @Bhaaldog
    Project Eternity
    Djimmy is spot on - I actually talked to Chris about my Project 'E' a few weeks to a month prior to Project 'Eternity' being publicly unveiled.

I almost freaked out. I joked with him that there was really no NDA leak. It's Project 'E' because of the first letter of the pieces. Coaxmetal was Entropy personified, and following on Torment's fondness for inversions, Entropy's opposite is Extropy. That suited Trias well. Then I realised that the The TTO was originally supposed to be (again) the inverse of the TNO, hence "Equilibrium" to balance themselves out. Then I realised that Ravel was the Eponymous Enigma, and it went on from there.

It just somehow worked, hence the Title of the Project being 'E' :).

That's to clear up any misconceptions. I don't work for Obsidian, I'm just a fan who, like Fiach says, has played Torment way too much :P Affected and moved me deeply, and I have the artistic skills to reciprocate years later to the guys who made what I consider to be the deepest most self-reflecting cRPG ever made.
    CrevsDaak
    http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63455-update-45-fate-fulfillment-arcanum-torment-egads/

They look rather good in the warm ambient light of Obsidian's offices :).