Skip to content

Biography Editing - "Delete" Key Clears Whole Biography Screen

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
As of the new patch, when you edit your character's biography (Customize --> Biography) if you hit the delete key, instead of deleting characters to the right of your cursor, it clears the whole Biography screen. So you can backspace characters to the left, but you can't delete characters to the right. I think this is a bug, because there's already a "Clear" button right there to delete the whole screen... so eliminating the word-processing functionality of the delete key really stinks. I often forget and half way through my edits, I hit delete and the whole screen clears, forcing me to start over.

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited January 2013
    Well I got the delete key to work... seems like editing is all screwed up tho. Its selecting lines even when I'm not wanting to. You might just want to play around with editing text in a biography and see if you can tell what I mean.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Are you sure your shift/alt/ctrl keys are not stuck? Minimizing the game can cause them stuck.
    I see that shift-del clears the whole text, while del doesn't.
    So, if you have problems like this, press shift to get it 'unstuck'.
    That bug is already registered, so please tell me if this one could be closed.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Sorry for the late reply @Avenger_teambg -- It happens to me, and I don't think my keys are stuck but if you can't simulate it its probably a non-issue.