Skip to content

Experience Cap Question

I'm given to understand that there is an experience cap in place that prevents any class from exceeding level ten. But in the descriptions for the classes the game makes mention of much higher levels- eighteen in the Druid description, for example.

Why include mention and, presumably, mechanics for a level that is not possible to reach?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    In BG proper, the XP cap is 161000, which is level 8/9/10 depending on your character class. In Black Pits, the cap is simply level 10 regardless of XP.

Higher levels are mentioned in descriptions because your character can carry forward into BG2ee when that comes out, and in BG2ee you'll be able to reach those higher levels.
  • RyanFialcowitzRyanFialcowitz Member Posts: 16

In BG proper, the XP cap is 161000, which is level 8/9/10 depending on your character class. In Black Pits, the cap is simply level 10 regardless of XP.

Higher levels are mentioned in descriptions because your character can carry forward into BG2ee when that comes out, and in BG2ee you'll be able to reach those higher levels.

I figured as much- I appreciate the response.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz