Skip to content

Ramazith: Expected behavior?

DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
edited November 2013 in Fixed
Heres whats happens: I meet Ramazith in front of his tower. I accepts his quest to free the girl from Ragefast. Ramazith walk into his tower. I follow him in there, speak to him again. He then says that i betrayed him and attack me, he teleports somewhere else.

Is this supposed to happen this way? I mean I haven't done anything yet to betray him.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    nvm... i will test this.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Yes, this always happened in BG1. Quite strange, I agree.
  • AceofWandsAceofWands Member Posts: 33
    He teleports to the top of the tower. This is standard BG behaviour (intended or not). What isn't standard BG behaviour is that he's dead when you get there and has an unlootable corpse, which just happened to me. So, none of his excellent items are obtainable.
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    Coran killed him with an arrow before he could teleport away, loot still there :)

Anyways thanks for the answers, seems like this was also a "bug" tho maybe a minor one in BG Original.
  • ArthekingArtheking Member Posts: 4
    I have troubles with Ramazith. I killed him, but now he sometimes appear on the map where i am. Today, 10 Ramazith have appeared in the basement of the Durlag's Tower.
    It's quite difficult to confront them. ^^
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Artheking Was this a multiplayer game?
  • ArthekingArtheking Member Posts: 4
    yes, i use the multiplayer game to have two characters at the beginning.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Dafojk: the point of the behaviour is that you return to Ramazith either with Abela the Nymph (as he requested) or without her. The idea is that you go to see Ragefast (as Ramazith requested), and take Abela from Ragefast (either by persuasion or by force), and then choose either to deliver her to Ramazith (evil) or free her (good). Thus if you return to Ramazith without Abela, he assumes that you have done the quest but freed the nymph instead of delivering her as a captive.

The problem is that the game script (as it currently exists, from BG1 and still the same in BGee) isn't smart enough to know whether you have actually done the quest but chose to free the nymph, or haven't done the quest at all yet. Therefore Ramazith assumes that you've done the quest and freed the nymph instead of delivering her, even if actually you haven't yet met the nymph at all.

It ought to be fixable by improving the script ... over to you, @Balquo, @Avenger_teambg.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Gallowglass They're well aware of this, and a fix is in the works.
    Excellent! Thanks, @Jalily.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I think, this is the same as npc cloning. We are still working on this, but if this is indeed the bug i managed to reproduce, then @ScottBrooks is already on trail.
    Well you're the one with inside access, @Avenger_teambg, but from here on the outside it doesn't look like another aspect of the NPC-cloning issue. It looks to me more like the script for Ramazith's quest needs a status flag to track whether or not the party has yet confronted Ragefast, which the script currently doesn't appear to know.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Gallowglass

@Avenger_teambg is responding to the issue @Artheking brought up, which is separate from the one in the OP (which @Balquo has submitted a fix for).
    Ah yes, that makes much more sense, @Jalily. Thanks for pointing this out, @Avenger_teambg hadn't made clear that he was responding to a different point (and I was too dumb to notice it for myself).