Skip to content

Trigger for chapter 4

HywelHywel Member Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Maybe I have overlooked something but chapter 4 does not open in my recent playthrough. I have killed Tazok, talked to Ender Sai and read/copied the scrolls in the chest but the Cloakwood area does not become accessible.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited March 2013
    I don't think you're supposed to be able to kill Tazok at that stage. If you fight him in Chapter 3, he's supposed to be impressed by your prowess when you hurt him enough, so he stops the fight, grants you free run of his camp, and then walks off, and ...
    you don't meet him again until Chapter 7, alongside Sarevok in the final fight, which is when you're supposed to kill him.

If you somehow managed to kill him, then perhaps that might have broken a trigger, which would explain what's now happened to you. All I can suggest is reloading to a save before killing Tazok and trying again, sorry.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Tazok is unkillable at that point unless you're playing the original BG1, but the trigger has nothing to do with him. You need to have the second letter from the chest in your inventory. Since you can copy notes now, it needs a little adjustment...

If you don't know where you left the letter and are not on iPad, you can use the console to move forward:
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("scrl2z")
  • HywelHywel Member Posts: 4
    Thanks a lot Gallowglass and Jalily!

I didn't have the possibilty to reload since it was part of a no reload challenge. :-)

Also, Jalily, it may be a problem that the dialogue was initiated only after I attacked. With the letter again added with the help of the console, the chapter triggered immediately. Which makes me wonder why it didn't after I read it the first time.

Maybe this is something that should be reported?

Anyways, thanks again!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I did report it.

Dialogue has nothing to do with the trigger, only having that letter in your inventory. The game can't tell whether you've read something, nor do the scripts update while paused, so if you grabbed the letter, read it, copied it, and then discarded it immediately, it will have no idea the note was ever in your possession.
  • HywelHywel Member Posts: 4
    Thanks!

About the dialogue: this was just a guess why I might have been able to kill Tazok.