Skip to content

Where do Save files go?

Hi guys, 1st post!

My problem is my save files have disappeared during gameplay. I went to load a game and I had one save left (excluding auto and quick). I went to load a second time and there was only the auto and quick saves. I checked online and I found the files can move sometimes (for god only knows what reason as I am the sole user of this pc and therefore have Admin privileges). I have found them in My Docs. for whatever reason (the main install is in My Progs.), and my saves seem to be there but I don't know where to place them in the main install file (or if you even do). The files are Portraits, Saves, Temp, Tempsave and Baldur.

I've ploughed most of my waking hours this past week playing this awesome game (for the 1st time might I add ;) )and any help would be greatly appreciated as I would probably cry if I had to start over now.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The saves are supposed to be within your Documents folder, not your install folder.
  • Soulstrike87Soulstrike87 Member Posts: 4
    Ok so why can't I load them? I have done literally nothing to cause this other than play the game!
  • Soulstrike87Soulstrike87 Member Posts: 4
    Ok update. I've looked in each of the individual save files and in the auto and quick saves files (the ones which still appear to be loadable in game) and they have a worldmap, a baldur.sav and abaldur.gme file which seem to be missing from my other save files (they only contain portraits). I've also searched my PC including hidden folders for the missing file names but comes up with nothing.

The question is: If I can't restore my original save files how do I get them to save properly if I decide to load the auto save and create new save files?