Skip to content

Cheaper directly from Beamdog?

Hi, I'm Swedish and MAS always makes 1 US dollar = 10 Swedish kronor. The real exchange rate is more like 6.10

So if I buy this from beam dog it will probably withdraw 19.99 Dollars from my credit card instead of 199 swedish kronor (=33 US dollars)?

Is that correct? I was going to wait for the MAS version but I'm reconsidering...

So the question is, Will beam dog draw 19.99 dollars from my credit card or 199 swedish kronor?

//Markus

Comments

• CodebakerCodebaker Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2013
    It will be USD since the purchase is made in US. Usually u see a extra transaction that shows the conversion.
    Apple sells in your country from Luxembourg directly and work with price tiers that reflect the local taxed. So the developer decides the price and the price reflects this price adjusted to laws, taxes and a lot other sick stuff countries come by for digital contend.

Concrete:
    Like all other companies does Apple run the Europe business from Luxembourg. This is cheaper and easier to maintain then setting up in every country. But Luxembourg is greedy and Apple has to pay the government. And doesn't stop there, since your home country want taxes to.

http://debyte.fi/app-store-earnings-vat-in-eu

Beamdog will sell it to you in USD and your CC company will cover the rest. Since this sale bypasses Luxembourg it can be cheaper. How much? Duno. That much that it is worth giving up MAS for it? No way.

The problem in Europe are the rouge countries like Luxembourg and Switzerland. Unfortunately this is not solvable unless mankind overcomes greed. :(