Skip to content

Multiclass Kits?

Spurred by the Bladesinger discussion in the general forums, I thought it would be really cool if Beamdog coud open up the multiclasses in order to make them multiclassable. I suspect it would be a lot of hassle, but I feel it could add a lot more customization concerning multiclasses and I have a feeling a lot of layers would really appreciate it.

Multiclass Suggestions

Fighter/Mage: Bladesinger
Fighter/Thief: No clue, perhaps a nerfed Assassin kit could be made available to it?
Mage/Cleric: Let the character choose a God to follow (Mage/Cleric of Talos for example)
Ranger/Cleric: Infiltrator
Fighter/Cleric: Let a God be chosen and let Dwarves become Champions
Mage/Thief: Spellfilcher

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    It's not that much hassle from an engine perspective, but it might be a huge hassle in terms of UI if you want the kits to be active at character creation.

It's not hard to have an invisible kit which applies to one class (e.g. Mage: Bladesinger) but which happens to impact both sides of your multiclass (e.g. Bladesinger +1 to attacks would apply with Fighter weapons as well). You'd just be limited in only gaining new Bladesinger perks when your Mage side leveled up, and you'd see the string "Fighter / Bladesinger" instead of just "Bladesinger", but all the effects would apply correctly.

The hard part would be figuring out how to get the kit applied to your PC. This could be done in a number of ways: a custom tutor in Candlekeep who would apply the kit when you talked to him, like how the sub-race kit is being implemented over in the Modding forum, or maybe a specific NPC would give the kit to you -- like when you rescue Xan, he teaches you the ways of the Bladesinger if you would qualify for the kit.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    That's pretty much what I expected. I normally would have just tried modding it, but I feel this is the kind of thing that players on other platforms would also really appreciate.
  • ZenryoZenryo Member Posts: 9
    Hmm I wouldn't really see the purpose in multiclassing a multiclass... That's basically triple-classing, and there are a few options for that already, but generally they suck because you end as 10/11/14 or something with ToB installed.

I am however a big fan of other names for the multiclasses and shouldn't be more than just changing the tags... Some fun ones:
    Fighter/Cleric: Templar
    Fighter/Thief: Duelist
    Fighter/Mage: Battle Mage (or Bladesinger, sounds cool too)
    Fighter/Druid: Hunter (or is that more for a ranger?)
    Mage/Thief: Ghostwalker
    Cleric/Mage: Mystic Theurge

I'm sure more fitting ones can be found ...