Skip to content

Another thing I found to be addressed is penalties on leather armor and bucklers

2»

Comments

• XezmeraudeXezmeraude Member Posts: 91
    So why should it have +2 to missile and piercing then when the base AC alone is enough to justify its protection of said armor?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    All this talk about a "debation"... is he even trying?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I started reading this one.

There will probably be deletions.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    These discussions would be much easier with an elder brain.
    I agree Tanthalas. These people took arguement to a whole new level just ause one person wants it to be an arguement. Thanks Winnick for slipping your tongue. Bad idea to ever mention arguement online cause people like Lorfean and moom and Iansounet and Kuk take it the wrong way!!!
    This is a debation i say again about leather armor having penalties and not unarmored. There is no disussion for arguing whatsoeevr so take yoru arguements and get lost you three. You are going to lose acounts if you keep this up!!!
    If only people would use it and see where I am coming from we wouldnt have this issue Moomintroll
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, I meant Elder Brain in the Illithid sense (I laugh at my own jokes alot).
    I suppose in this semantics plagued thread, a problem is that one man's "penalty" is another man's "adjustment."
    edited August 2012
    You're not reading the answers, seriously, the penalties (-2 missile/piercing) + base AC bonus = no bonus or penalty. Do you even understand how it works? You're the only one calling names on everyone when you don't understand their point or a simple word like "argument"

+2 -2 = 0, can we agree on simple mathematics?
    Lol. Even Illithids have their off days :P
    Iamsounet go log on BG2 first dungeon in the game. Grab the leather armor from the box and put it on with dex keeping you at 10 with no bonuses. Put the armor on and tell me why you see +2 to piering and missile. It is not a negative value. Its a positive meaning you are penalized. Go heck it for yoruself unless you are afraid to. If I have to. Ill try and post a screenie just to shut everyone up why its +2

Is debation a word?

It actually is a word.

Can't say I didn't learn something today.
    edited August 2012
    you are NOT adding right either. There is no -2 on leather armor. It doesnt defend against them. Its weak against them. - modifiers in second edition are the good modifiers. You want lower because it subtracts. Not adds. Base 8 AC on leather +2 to missile and pierce makes it 8+2=10 AC so if there is no difference to the AC value and the mathematic you stated doesnt even reflect what Winnick even said. So obviously your point makes no sense nor does the math add right. Youa rent following 2nd edition terms at all. Would you wear armor for 8 ac and be penalized for wearing it when being naked is putting the leathers A to 10 beause +2 adds to the die roll in second editon allowing you to score a hit easier rather than show how its protecting you just for wearing it.

Thats how Thac0 works in the game. If you have 10 Base AC then you equip leather armor to lower it to 8 but you have a +2 to pierce and missile. If a goblin shoots you with an arrow. It makes the AC of the armor 10. So what be the point to wear it if being unarmored has no penalty to it at all?
    I agree with Tanthalas. This should all be deleted. i should start this thread all over again but hoping more people who understand this come here and not a bunhc of trollers who just wanna argue off the topics original post because they like the word arguement because key word argue is in it!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Just wanted to add that leather armor is not like clothing. It's leather cuir bouille, which is boiled in oil to make it tougher, then shaped on a form so that it dries hard and in the shape of armor. It's not soft and pliable like a leather jacket.
    I understand that LadyRhian. But what boggles me is why it needs to have penalties to make it more useless than being unarmored. Shouldnt unarmored have penalties to all attacks cause whats protecting you if you are naked right?
    So equipping leather is like wearing nothing in regards to missile/piercing. Or in other words, it only grants 2 AC against slashing/blunt. How is that a penalty?
    Since LadyRhian though we fought before in past topic. At least shes on page with me about this discussion :)
    You just said why. Its like wearing nothing when you are wearing something. So how an wearing leather armor offer weaker protetion compared to wearing nothing? Please explain that and stop asking why its not a penalty when it clearly is!!!
    BTW it's your posts that are gonna be deleted where you just insult everyone over a word or because you don't understand what they write.
    No its yours and Lorfeans that will beause you dont want to admit to the offensive behavior you are ausing and refusing to admit why there is a penalty to the armor
    edited August 2012
    Dont try to deny that Iansounet. You caused a big commotion when you hated how people hate the mods you like in that post. You are causing harassment is what you are doing. If you dont stay on topic. Dont blame me why you lost your acount and I am still posting because I never harassed anyone at all!!!
    I'll let the moderators handle this guy...
    Ok, I've had enough of this topic so its getting closed.

@Xezmeraude
    If you want to start another topic about this, I'm ok with it.

But you need to TONE DOWN THE AGGRESSION.

Don't take people disagreeing with you as an insult. I don't want any more insults directed at people (either direct or veiled).
This discussion has been closed.