Skip to content

Crashing when moving to new area

As the title suggests, I'm getting loads of crashes when trying to move to a new map area. I get to the edge of the current map, click the edge with the little wheel icon and the game bombs out with a 'Not responding' error.

Was fine until Nashkil (the mine town - spelling off, its late) now its bombing probably 75% of the time I try to move areas.

Runing an ATI Radeon X800 with a fairly old PC, 1.5gb of RAM 2ghz processer etc.

Was working like a charm throughout Candlekeep and my first trip to Beregost (apart from the other bugs that have been widely reported).

Any ideas?

Comments

• BENVILHAVENBENVILHAVEN Member Posts: 25
    Same issue...Anyone?
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    @DaveG_Leeds @BENVILHAVEN please give all your PC specs including graphics card, sound card, OS, etc., and make sure your drivers are up-to-date.
    I7 3930k
    Creative X-Fi Onboard Sound (Have tried fix for sound card, will retest)
    Win 7
    16Gb Ram
    GTX 680 *2 (SLI)

Drivers are up to date
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/159434/#Comment_159434

Fix by Kruno seems to have worked for me. Thanks for the attention.
  • DaveG_LeedsDaveG_Leeds Member Posts: 12
    Erm- the Kruno thread is about not having sound? My sound works perfectly (except the choppiness in cut scenes).
  • InkeytheRPGInkeytheRPG Member Posts: 23
    I crash maybe 30% of the time entering new maps. Going in and out of inns or houses and what not. I have gotten into the habit of quick saving before I enter any door.

Athon II x4
    Nvidia 8800 GTS 320MB
    4GB RAM
    Onboard sound
  • DaveG_LeedsDaveG_Leeds Member Posts: 12
    It's now at the point where I crashed six times in a row trying to move to the bandit camp from the area directly to the south. I've given up and requested a refund.
  • RendanRendan Member Posts: 1
    For us worked a quite complicated way to avoid this. Everyone but the host leaves the game and rejoins after the transition.. I know not the best way to do things, but at least it worked.
  • cedessecedesse Member Posts: 18
    I haven't experienced game crashes when entering a new area ... until now.

When I try to access the northwestern part of Baldur's Gate City (the area with the Hall of Wonders), the game hangs indefinetely at the map overview with the blue, rotating Windows Explorer circle replacing the BG "claw" mouse pointer.

I am only playing the single player game.