Skip to content

Imoen doesn't want to rejoin :'(

KurakaiKurakai Member Posts: 18
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hi, me and my friend are currently playing a MP game. We're on Chapter 3 at the moment and kicked out imoen a long time ago for Raseed so we could do his quest not realising we can't really complete it until we go Baldurs Gate NE. Anyways, she remained on the spot in Nashkell and said she 'would wait right here...' however we cannot invite her back to the party because every time we go to use the Dialogue tool on her we get 'Imoen is busy and has nothing to say to you' or something along those lines.

Has anyone else come across this problem or know of a solution. I tried googling the error but I got load of forum results revolving around character romance... which isn't helpful. Not one bit.

We tried exiting and re-entering the area, no luck.
We quick save alot but had an old saved game of the current campaign, tried loading that, still no luck.
Tried attacking her, stopping then talking to her. Still no luck.
We tried kicking Raseed out. You guessed it. No luck :P.

Anyone have any ideas that could help ?

Thank you

K

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    That sounds like a bug to me, but if you activate the console, you can hover over her and hit Ctrl+K (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) to FORCE her into your party.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's Ctrl + Q, but you might want to keep the old saves around in case the devs want to check them out.

Also registered.
  • KurakaiKurakai Member Posts: 18
    Cool I will give it a try, if it works ill make a new save but keep the one I loaded up just incase the devs want to have a look.

FYI, we haven't touched any of the ini files. Eg; enabled debug mode, etc.

If any other files are required should the devs wish to see them, I hace no qualms with providing them :)

Thanks for your help and replies. Appreciated muchly.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Do you still have that old save?
  • KurakaiKurakai Member Posts: 18
    I might have saved over it by mistake :( I'll have a look when I can though!
  • NyxlNyxl Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    I think I went through a similar issue in one of my post-2014 games. It happened when I had dismissed Neera (just to get hold of the gem pouch, in an evil party, yuk yuk yuk). When I chanced to stop by the Friendly Arm Inn for a quick rest, I was unable to rent a room as expected. Looking around for a reason, I noticed Neera in a corner of the main room, flapping between two animation states, and in a state of "being busy".

I'll dig up my saves, or try to reproduce the phenomenon if possible.

Edit: nevermind, just found that Neera's flickering is an already reported issue -> http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10233/neera-clone
    Post edited by Nyxl on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.