Skip to content

Really embarrassingly stupid about starting game

Okay, just downloaded the game, went through the tutorial, brought the gem back. Game goes to the intro, but I cannot actually start the game. After the short movie, it goes back to the main menu, I cannot figure out how to star. If I choose single player, it takes me back to the tutorial, if I load a game, it just loads the last auto save before I left the basement. Sorry for being thick, but what am I missing?

Comments

• redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    At the very first screen you see after starting the game, you're given three choices: "Tutorial", "Baldur's Gate", and "The Black Pits". You'll need to click "Baldur's Gate" first, then "Single Player", then "New Game".

BG is a little weird in that the tutorial doesn't segue directly into the single player game -- it's an independent module, so to speak. So once you're ready to start the actual game, you'll need to go through all the character creation stuff and whatnot again... but once that's done (assuming you picked Baldur's Gate -> Single Player -> New Game), it'll drop you into Candlekeep and you'll be ready to go.