Skip to content

Object editor for BG:EE

KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
Ey guys! I'm searching for a mod for create my own objects. I would change colors, descriptions, effects...
Anyone knows of any mod that do that for BG:EE?
Thanks

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2013
    You can use DLTCEP. It is easy to learn. Install its latest version, (7.6 IIRC) set its path to your BG:EE installation, and open up any item you would like to edit. You can edit most anything, usability by race, class, attack and damage bonuses, and there is a huge effect list you can use, with adjustable saving throws if you like. You can even edit creatures, spells, stores/inns in the game, however you like.

One hitch though, if you're going to change item descriptions, or create an unique item with description, when you save the item, it will have to change your dialog.tlk file. (which is the sum of all the in-game written text) In BG:EE the dialog.tlk file is under languages/eng folder, so you might need to swap it with your edited dialog.tlk.

Any items you create or edit will appear as .itm files in your override folder once you save them. (if you don't have an override folder, you must create one first) Simply deleting them from there will undo any changes you make.
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Thanks @lunar!!