Skip to content

Weird: helm sword and berserker rage

WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
I think I've managed to break durations somehow. The seeking sword on my helm cleric is lasting forever and berserker rage isn't giving HP back if it expires due to rest or transition.

In this game I have:
1. SCS installed. No issues with it in any other game.
2. Transfered a multiplayer game to single player.

I'll go test to see if 1., 2. or neither is the cause ... anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    edited March 2013
    Okay, quickest single player game ever. Berserker rage+sleeping in in at candle keep: UGH! "Load or quit?".
    edited March 2013
    But, seeking sword expires as expected (in single player). This is getting weird.
    Hmm, seems even with the override folder renamed and the game restarted that berserker rage still kills on sleep/transition for a level 1 character.

Is this maybe an actual BG:EE bug?
    Okay, maybe the seeking sword was an isolated incident, by reloading and recasting the spell it seems to have kicked the duration back in. Thank god.

Still, sucky for level 1 berserkers who want to rage.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The Berserker rage killing level 1 characters when it runs out has been reported before. What's happening is that 15 HP damage is dealt after the 15 temporary HP have been removed. Level 1 characters can't survive that without some HP-boosting equipment.
    Jalily said:

The Berserker rage killing level 1 characters when it runs out has been reported before. What's happening is that 15 HP damage is dealt after the 15 temporary HP have been removed. Level 1 characters can't survive that without some HP-boosting equipment.

What about HP not being restored if you rest or transition while raged?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    That's a consequence of applying the 15 HP damage after the rest/transition period is over as opposed when it would naturally run out. It's been noted.
    edited March 2013
    @Jalily on the topic of berserker rage perhaps tweak the description to make it clear that you get an additional use at 5th and every 4 thereafter (I assume)?

I read every 4 levels and assumed I'd get an additional use at level 4.