Skip to content

[BG1] [bug/exploit] Enemies dont attack out of line of sight.

ClaudiousClaudious Member Posts: 1
edited November 2012 in Original BG1 Bugs
Encountered this exploit when I played BG many years ago and couldnt find a discussion. Dont know if it had ever been fixed in a patch since then.

It was possible to command a summoned creature to attack an enemy, then retreat out of line of sight before the enemy responded to the party's presence. The enemy would neither follow (if retreated fast enough) nor defend itself from a vastly inferior creature. Worked with that friendly ghoul against the basilisks in the area.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    Cheese like this has been addressed in some mods, but @CamDawg should be able to answer if it's been fixed in BG:EE.

• cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    edited October 2012
    The friendly ghoul is awesome, probably the single analogue to a vegetarian in all Faerun?
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    Doesn't seem like this has changed with the enhanced version. For instance you can slowly advance on a group and kill them one at a time. As long as the others are still concealed by the fog of war feature, they will not attack. You can move right up to a group until just before they get revealed, then launch fireballs to the edge of your vision range and the enemy group will be destroyed without fighting back.
  • SkyPigletSkyPiglet Member Posts: 10
    If you turn on the autopause setting for "on enemy sight", you can exploit this even more. I've used it a lot for solo runs but it's definitely cheese.
  • zzCoinszzCoins Member Posts: 13
    use an invisible thief to illuminate the enemy, party archers can then shoot even though they are too far away to see the enemy
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    zzCoins said:

use an invisible thief to illuminate the enemy, party archers can then shoot even though they are too far away to see the enemy

Doesn't work in my game.