Skip to content

Paperdoll Question

So, I was going through the list of paperdolls to Change my Fighter->Thief to a Thief paperdoll (I want the hood), and I noticed most of the paperdolls have two versions, a normal and a "low" version, eg "Thief Male Elf" and "Thief Male Elf Low." Does anyone know the difference?

Comments

• Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    If I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with BG2, during the Underdark/Ust'Natha quest.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

If I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with BG2, during the Underdark/Ust'Natha quest.

I don't think so - IWD also has that "low" version!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Umm maybe they are of low quality. They don't have proper animations for all levels of armor etc.? Like mage low will still be naked mage if you equip robe of archmagi?
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Slightly off the main question, but how can you change paper dolls. Is there an app or a mod for that? Revaar, how were you going about it?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You can do it with both Shadow/EE Keeper and with Nearinfinity. In 'Keeper it's pretty easy and straightforward. There is a tab that selects what animation model you want to use. NI is more complex, but still fairly simple.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Back to the original question... I have used both, some details are different, but I couldn't say the how or why of it. My expectation is that the "low" animations would be less flashy, and I tend to favor them for that reason, but that may be all in my head. I would love to know the actual intent behind them.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I know that Yoshimo uses the "low" version paperdoll - and he doesn't show any kind of difference!
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    The _low animations are lower quality versions in BG1 used as an option to save memory. In BG2 these were not even used, but linked directly to the normal animation.
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Thank you @lkMark! The mystery is solved!