Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How update BG:EE in WineSkin?

Hi all, I was wonder how to update BE:EE in wineskin... is it possible? I got the update exe for Windows... Could someone please explain me how? Thanks :)

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,200
    I don't know the answer to your question (sorry!) but I do have some ancillary advice. I had tons of misery trying to run IE games in Wineskin for a few months. Eventually, I set up a Windows install in VirtualBox; now I run BG, IWD, PS:T etc. in fullscreen, inside a windowed VirtualBox. (You can trap the mouse inside the VirtualBox window when you need to - I found mousing at the screen edges to scroll the landscape to be a big problem with Wineskin.) Updating isn't a problem because the full Windows OS is running.

You need a Windows license (I had an old XP license gathering dust) but VirtualBox is free. If you can get an old Win license this is a great way to play these games.

• f4stshad0wf4stshad0w Member Posts: 4
    Thank you @subtledoctor for your answer. I think there's no way to update a wineskin version of BG:EE. Probably virtualisation (or buy a Mac version of course!) is the only way to use an upgradeable BE:EE Windows version.