Skip to content

More Familiar Choices

Part 1: I think it would be awesome if you could choose from all familiars of your base alignment (good, neutral, evil) as well as the alignment closest to it.

Good characters have access to all good familiars and all neutral familiars.

Neutral characters either have access to all familiars.

Evil characters have access to all evil familiars and all neutral familiars.

Part 2: A greater selection of familiars in general would be awesome. Flying ones would especially be appreciated.

Suggestions:

-Raven
-Owl
-Bat
-Snake
-Rat
-Toad
-Floating Weapon

I understand that this isn't really an important request, but on the other hand hopefully that means it won't be too hard to implement! : )

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    It's always struck me as kind of dumb for an evil Wizard to show everyone his alignment by summoning a familiar.

"Hi, my name is Honest Jack the Wizard, and this is my quasit Lefty!"
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Well, to be fair BG kind of makes it impossible to be evil and still have a good reputation anyway. (but that's a Feature Request for another time...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited March 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TurcamTurcam Member Posts: 26
    Agree. One could even debate if some animals should be tied to alignment at all. Why could some types of animals not have just such diversity in alignment than humans and humanoids? More choice in character creation is always nice.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited March 2013
    i quite like the idea of not being tied to a single familiar based on alignment

but im not sure we need more famliars tbh
    To be honest the only familiars I thought really added something to the game were the flying ones. I figure that they could be given immunity to melee weapons as their main ability, with high hide in shadows as their secondary function. As a drawback, they would be more fragile and unable to attack. This would make them great scouts. (and besides, who doesn't want a raven familiar?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2013
    They are also unable to deal damage. That seems perfectly fair to me?
  • ZaorZaor Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2013
    Inb4 familiars tank fire giants alla wizard eye pre nerf.

Still. Choices are good. I just disagree with any sort of flying distinction. Half the familiars as is fly and dozens more creatures.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I'd quite like some larger familiars, perhaps using the wardog, wolf, snake, etc. models. Okay, they can't really fit in your pack, but really, neither can 18 suits of armour and a cat.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

I'd quite like some larger familiars, perhaps using the wardog, wolf, snake, etc. models. Okay, they can't really fit in your pack, but really, neither can 18 suits of armour and a cat.

That's why I'd prefer to have an Improved Familiar spell, instead of a stronger (and still useless) version of the same familiars.