Skip to content

Can someone explain me what is Sarevok deathbringer assaut attack?

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Sarevok in BG2 ToB has a random attack called deathbringer assaut, that happens randomly when he attack, its not often but neither is rare, and give a random 100 or 200 dmg + atk dmg normally, can someone explain me if its a bug, a skill and why it's here if its a skill? I already asked questions about this in some other forums, never get a straight answer.

Hope i can ask this here, if not no problem in delete my topic.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    It's a special ability. I'm moving this to General.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I think it should be made more explicit that Sarevok has this ability, somewhere in his character sheet or something.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    i presume it's something born in the way he receated his flesh, or maybe something about he escape the final death reserved for all the sons of bhaal, but i didn't saw a single point in the entire game that explain this ability, its just that, you attack something, and then suddently the enemy explode (most of the times), the death bring assaut appear on the text screen with the +100 or 200 dmg alongside the dmg of the attack.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited June 2012
    @Anton

Thanks for reporting that. This is what I get for not reading characters' biographies in game.

Sarevok should probably be assigned the Deathbringer kit for the sake of consistency, regardless of whether said kit is also made available to CHARNAME at character creation. This way, lazy gamers like me could read the kit description and know that Sarevok is not just a regular Fighter.
    @Anton thanks brother, and as @AndreaColombo said, this is too what i get for not, in my case, pay attention to characters biographies :), the variant of 100, 200 dmg must come from the difficult probally so, as hard difficult half the party dmg.

I'm just happy he don't had those skills when i fought him om BG1, he would clean the floor with my party.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    There was some talk about adding a player accessible deathbringer kit, but that's pretty cheese. We want to enhance, not give everyone rocket packs.
    edited June 2012
    Outside of his deathbringer assault ability, his skills are largely those of a fighter. But I agree that deathbringer assault should be clarified in-game. Adding a kit that players aren't able to access would probably irritate them.
    Dunno @PhillipDaigle, Haer'dalis is a thiefling and the players can't make a thiefling either. Viconia is a Drow, and even with a lot of ppl wanting that, no one can create a drow main char (with reason. Ppl want the good bonus from drow but i doubt they would endure the consequences of a surface drow).

And there is a lot of things that are not nammed but main chars can't reach:

2 proficience points in small sword with bards - Haer'dalis
    5 proficience points in any weapon with dual fighter/clerics - Anomen
    berserker in a ranger - minsc (and control in berserker status if minsc use it 3 times while keldorn is in the party)
    all the minor powers of many BG1 characters.

I see no problem in name his kit, cos he's not a pure warrior.
    Drow and Tiefling are races, keep in mind. Races we're definitely looking at adding. For Deathbringer, we'll most likely leave him as a fighter but add a note to his character sheet that describes what the Deathbringer assault does.
    @philipDaigle i disagree for race, class, special abilities... they are all unique things that ppl always want to control, but i understand the bases of you position and they're a valid reasoning also.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2012
    Ignore this.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    edited June 2012
    @AndreaColombo I could be wrong about this but I think Viconia mentions that she lost most of her natural ‘drow abilities’ when she abandoned her faith in Lolth.
    Post edited by Scooter on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Scooter

Well, that in itself doesn't make much sense either considering that the only thing Drizzt lost was his ability to levitate and Drow that worship other deities have those powers too, so its not something linked to Lolth. Viconia should still have the ability to produce Faerie Fire and Globes of Darkness, its just that both of these spells were never implemented in the BG games. Even IWD2 only had Faerie Fire I believe.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @Tanthalas oh, ok fair enough then
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2012
    I think we should label them all special NPCs like the NPC Kit Pack from G3 ( www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-npckit.html ).

It adds:
     Rasheman Ranger description to Minsc although it should do that and describe his berserk ability
    Replace Berserker Kit with Battlerager for Dwarves
    Edwin as Red Wizard
    Sarevok as Deathbringer
    and Mazzy as Truesword of Arvoreen
    I like updated more accurate descriptions even if they are not player selectable. Though in the case of dwarves being called battleragers most wild it makes sense.