Skip to content

Jared: location 4600, not giving boots of protection from cold

EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
My last report was merged, I searched the one like this and didn't find it, so here it is:

current behaviour: Jared in 4600 location doesn't give boots as quest reward for killing the bear near bridge (boots +50% cold protection), he gives the XP and gold as it was in vanilla.

expected: Jared should give boots of protection from cold as a reward for his quest

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    You need a certain reputation.
  • EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    I checked it with more insight and it depends on reaction not on rep, my bad, anyway. He can be pickpocketed anyway. Sorry for thrash report.
  • darius404darius404 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2013
    I don't want to necro, but I'm having this same issue and there's no way my rep is too low. I have a 20 rep and a 21 charisma. He still only gave me 50gp for the quest. The only other mention of this issue I can find is "The Complete (?) quest entry buglist and many other things (updated v0.4599)" where it says it's "OK", which it definitely is not for me. I have the Steam version of the game, if that makes any difference.

Update: Charisma DOES seem to have an effect. If Dynaheir talks to him for the reward, 50gp only. If my main talks to him (21 Charisma), I get the boots. Is it supposed to be that way? I thought it was just a rep thing here. Also, I thought it only mattered who the lead character is, not which character actually talks to the npc. Apparently it does matter who talks to him, regardless of who the "party leader" is.

At least my issue's resolved.

Update 2: And now I see Endeavor mentioning reaction instead of rep. Not sure how I read that before and didn't get it. Oh well.