Skip to content

Avengers Rogue rebalancing mod option?

Well, basically this is more intended for the release of BG2:EE,
but it has some small content for bg1 as well ( at least, it did for tutu ).

Where are my manners? Let me describe what the mod entails, and why I am requesting it to be included.

The mod contains a few things, most of them, being for rogues.
This includes:

- Stronger shadow thief opponents if siding with Bodhi ( since the vampires are far more of a challenge in the vanilla version. This at least makes it a reasonable challenge, more fun, and some more loot to boot ).

- Stronger shadow thief allies if you ask Aran Linvail for help when going to Bodhi's lair the second time ( Arkanis for example now uses scrolls of restoration to regain drained levels ).

- Class tweaks for rogues ( for example, dual wielding for assassins, improved bard songs ).

- Chosen of Cyric encounter in the final chapter.
This, along with the shadow thief improvements are really whats it all about.
This encounter is against another 6 man party, leveled to the highest attainable level in bg2:tob and have very good AI and very good ( new ) equipment as well, making this fight fairly hard.
Not to worry though, its possible to scare them away if you for some reason do not want to fight.
Also, do not think the new equipment is rogue only, there are very nice items for every class ( new axes, boots, amulets, staves and much more ).

Also includes a small tweak for the short sword of backstabbing, shadows blade, to make it a bit better if used by a rogue, along with an upgrade for it in BG2: tob.
Cyric also makes a commentary in TOB if you defeated the chosen of Cyric during SOA.

In overall its a great mod I always had installed, really adds a challenge, and makes the shadow thieves actually live up to their name.

For those interested in a little test, here's a link.

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/rr

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Do you mean the BG:EE compatible version that is already out there?
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    There already is one? My sincerest apologies.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    At least now you can enjoy it! :D
    [Deleted User]
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    Very true indeed!
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    edited April 2013
    @Vherdel while Rogue Rebalancing won't be integrated into the core game as a whole, some minor aspects of the mod might eventually make it in.

In any case, the latest version is compatible with BGEE.
    Eudaemonium
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    One thing I really appreciated in the dialog with the Chosen of Cyric was that, for the FIRST time in the whole saga, Infravision was useful!
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760

One thing I really appreciated in the dialog with the Chosen of Cyric was that, for the FIRST time in the whole saga, Infravision was useful!

Heh, thanks! :)

I'll see what I can do about that for BGEE. Maybe we can find a use for it in some quests that take place in dark/dimly lit areas.
    SpaceInvaderEudaemonium[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Eudaemonium