Skip to content

Edwin now looks like a leprechaun?

marty29marty29 Member Posts: 30
I used Edwin's portrait for my own character as a cleric Mage and now Edwin's portrait is now the creepy Irish pedophile look a like............
I tried changing my portrait back to a different one in the hope it would change back to Edwin's original portrait, but I didn't work. I seem to remember this worked on the original PC version. I really want to have Edwin in my part but I hate the way he looks now.......is there a way to change it.
Many thanks.

Comments

• marty29marty29 Member Posts: 30
    I used Edwin's portrait for my own character as a cleric Mage and now Edwin's portrait is now the creepy Irish pedophile look a like............
    I tried changing my portrait back to a different one in the hope it would change back to Edwin's original portrait, but I didn't work. I seem to remember this worked on the original PC version. I really want to have Edwin in my part but I hate the way he looks now.......is there a way to change it.
    Many thanks.
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    Yep, you can change the NPC portraits.

Linky:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-manually-customize-your-game/p1

Scroll down to Section 4: Custom Portraits.

For Edwin, the portraits are named: EDWINL, EDWINM, and EDWINS.
  • marty29marty29 Member Posts: 30
    Yeh should have mentioned I'm using ipad version :-(
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Rofl. This shouldn't be cracking me up but it is...

Yeah you're stuck unless you have a save from before you picked him up. If you do, go onto your character's record page and change his picture from the Customize button before picking up Edwin. If you don't, oh well!
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    I don't know how you can give back the Edwin's portrait to Edwin, but to customize a NPC's portrait you have to do :

- Create a " portraits " folder in "Applications" -> "Baldur's Gate" -> "Library" with iFunBox

- Get/draw your 3 custom portraits with a size of L= 210x330, M=169x266, S=54x84

- Find the portrait's name uses by the NPC here :
    http://portraits.chosenofmystra.net/npc_portrait_change.html

- Rename your custom portraits in "portraitNameL", "portraitNameM", "portraitNameS" for example for Coran, it will be :
    CORANL, CORANM, CORANS

- Copy your custom portraits in the folder you have created before
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can also use Shadow keeper to edit Edwin's portrait. You need to transfer your save game into PC, via ifunbox, edit, and transfer back into Ipad.