Skip to content

ToB?

AlistuspalloAlistuspallo Member Posts: 13
Hello everyone,

I just found out about the remake of the best game ever and am really happy about it! I know I'm ahead of the time but was wondering if there are any rumours or statements of a remake of ToB in the future as well seeing as ToS is redone with BG1. Sorry if there is an answer for this somewhere already but I couldn't find it at least. Time to start thinking about those possible character choices and party combinations!

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Throne of Bhaal will be remade and bundled with BG2:EE from the start.
  • AlistuspalloAlistuspallo Member Posts: 13
    Thanks a lot for the answer, much appreciated! Just got to find a way to pass time until 18th of September.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    In case you didn't know. Only Baldurs Gate: EE will be relased on the 18th of September. A release date for BG2:EE hasn't been announced yet.
  • LorfeanLorfean Member Posts: 43
    Just to clarify, so you can adjust your expectations accordingly (if necessary) -- BGEE is not a remake, it's an enhanced version of the original game. In other words, the character, creature and area art assets, animations, spell effects, etc. will not be replaced but will be the same as 12-14 years ago. Some character art and animations will be updated to BG2 style quality since they're using the last version of the ToB engine, but what we're gonna get in terms of graphics quality is the same as back in 1998/2000, with some filters applied for scaling. We are getting is a remade interface, so that is exciting, but in terms of graphics quality it will look pretty much the same as the original games.
  • AlistuspalloAlistuspallo Member Posts: 13
    Yeah, that's what I was expecting. To be honest, I don't think the gaming experience would be the same if they somehow totally remade graphics etc. I was just wondering if ToB was part of the package, which is now confirmed.