Skip to content

Spontaneous Casting: Heal, Harm

PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
edited January 2014 in General Modding

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175

I don't mean to sound harsh, but: I will never apply a mod to my game that doesn't install via Weidu. My priest CLAB.2da files are already modified... so I'm not going to overwrite them with yours. I'm working on a mod of my own, but I won't release it unless and until I figure out how to make a Weidu installer for it (which is hard, as I'm not a programmer.)

All of which is meant to encourage you not to stop with a half-finished file-overwriting mod, but to take the next step, as I'm trying to. Weidu is a great tool and the more people use it to release cool mods here, the more fun this game will be for everyone.

I hear you, but I'm not very good friend with Weidu. I have some system incompatibility and every Weidu mod I install I have to install multiple times, before it is installed properly. I'm gonna use few crucial Weidu mods like SCS and NPC project, but that's it. Everything I do, I do in Near Infinity. Maybe once Weidu's out of beta, it's gonna work properly for me, but I don't raise my hopes up much.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited April 2013
    Pecca said:

I have some system incompatibility and every Weidu mod I install I have to install multiple times, before it is installed properly.

@Pecca

You did not provide info on your OS or the details of your problem, but assuming that you are using a recent Windows OS (from Vista onwards) a similar problem may be experienced if the option "Run this program as an administrator" has not been checked in the Compatibility tab of the file properties for each WeiDU installer.

Checking that option may be required also if you are using an account with admin privileges.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    Erg said:

Pecca said:

I have some system incompatibility and every Weidu mod I install I have to install multiple times, before it is installed properly.

@Pecca

You did not provide info on your OS or the details of your problem, but assuming that you are using a recent Windows OS (from Vista onwards) a similar problem may be experienced if the option "Run this program as an administrator" has not been checked in the Compatibility tab of the file properties for each WeiDU installer.

Checking that option may be required also if you are using an account with admin privileges.
    Thanks for the advise, I'll try it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'd suggest getting someone with weidu expertise like @aVenger to assist
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Afraid I'm a little busy with developing new content for Beamdog at the moment. ;)

But try asking in the Classifieds section on the SHS Forums: http://www.shsforums.net/forum/565-classifieds/