Skip to content

REQ; Unlock new areas mod

pzrshrekpzrshrek Member Posts: 5
It would be great to unlock the new npc areas for the EE version of the game, is this possible?

I saw a mapmod here on the forum but that one unlocks all areas exept the ones i want to unlock...

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    It would be great BUT aren't the new areas tied to NPCs? They have scripted actions that require the NPC to be present? Allowing free access in these maps goes against their current design
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If you want to visit the new maps, just use the console to teleport there.

I forget what the area codes are, though.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

It would be great BUT aren't the new areas tied to NPCs? They have scripted actions that require the NPC to be present? Allowing free access in these maps goes against their current design

It's rather funny if you boot the NPC after gaining access to the area: they teleport in for every scripted dialogue.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

It's rather funny if you boot the NPC after gaining access to the area: they teleport in for every scripted dialogue.
    TBH it sounds like a poor design decision since that is the case. All the other places in all the rest of the game let you explore areas without specific NPCs. Even the planar sphere in BG2 doesn't force Valygar to pop up and accompany you once you are inside.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    And a good thing too, since I usually dump his corpse at the door!

I agree that it is poor design, though.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419

Yup.

Unless, of course, you killed them. Then the dialogue simply skips along without them. It's strange. It breaks Rasaad's area, but you can still do everything in Neera's, though it doesn't make any sense. It's fun to do for a laugh.