Skip to content

Help with general weidu Modding please?

Okay, excerpt from the instructions found in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1
In Windows...

...open a command window and navigate to your game directory. (In Windows 7, you can shift-right-click on the game folder in Explorer and choose 'Open command window here...'. In older Windows, you'll need to Windows+R for the run dialogue, run cmd, and then use 'CD nameofdirectory' to get to the game directory.) Once you're at the command prompt in your main directory, type

mklink /H dialog.tlk .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk

Change the en_US part to the name of your language directory. Some languages actually have two tlk files, so you'll need to run the same command again, but with dialogF.tlk in both places instead of dialog.tlk. If you ever want to undo this step, you can delete dialog.tlk (and dialogF.tlk) from the game directory as if they're normal files.

Here's the problem though, I do have windows 7, i'm not sure what specific folder it means by game directory, here's my file path: Computer/Local Disk (C)/ Program Files (x86)/ Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Data/ 00766

and then the various folders. Which of these folders do I shift right click on? o.0

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    In your case, the game directory is 00766.

In other cases (Mac, Steam, etc.) the folder name can be different, but it is always the one containing the file chitin.key.
  • MalanthyusMalanthyus Member Posts: 8
    Figured it out, thanks. :)