Skip to content

What classes would you recommend for a Tutu game?

ValrogValrog Member Posts: 14
edited April 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I'm going to take a character through the game from BG1 to BG2. What classes would you recommend?

I'm looking for something that would be:
1. Evil-aligned (I've already played through with Good)
2. Strong in the end.
3. Be playable throughout the game, not a liability
4. Different from the party members that I can pick up

Comments

• ValrogValrog Member Posts: 14
    Why was this post moved to "Help for new players (NO SPOILERS!)"?

I'm certainly not a new player, and I am asking for spoilers:)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    multiclassed dwarven fighter thief

Thank you. That's a good choice, since I will play an Evil character, that would make him different from Yesslick (who also will not be available in BG2).

But, wouldn't he level up slowly? Also, the turn undead ability would charm the undead, depriving me of experience.
    Valrog said:

Thank you. That's a good choice, since I will play an Evil character, that would make him different from Yesslick (who also will not be available in BG2).

But, wouldn't he level up slowly? Also, the turn undead ability would charm the undead, depriving me of experience.
    Clerics and Paladins turn undead. This guy will gain power as a fighter and thief throughout the saga.

He will be able to do this stuff and more eventually:
    *Detect and disarm traps
    *Dispel illusions such as improved invisibility and Project Image
    *Set traps that can wipe out things like dragons without having to fight them at all
    *Regenerates (really noticeable when traveling between areas) once his con hits 20
    *Great thaco, capable tank fighter
    *Backstab if you want to either by hiding in shadows or invis. potions (or other means)
    *Fighter and Thief HLAs including Use and Item and Greater Whirlwind
    Thanks a lot, smeagolheart, I think I'm going to try an Evil Dwarven Fighter/Thief, as you recommended!

Do you know if I would lose experience when I turn undead as an evil Figher/Cleric, if I kill them after they are charmed? Do I have to wait for the charm to wear off before destroying them?
    Valrog said:

Thanks a lot, smeagolheart, I think I'm going to try an Evil Dwarven Fighter/Thief, as you recommended!

Do you know if I would lose experience when I turn undead as an evil Figher/Cleric, if I kill them after they are charmed? Do I have to wait for the charm to wear off before destroying them?

I haven't tried exactly the charmed undead route, however, with other charmed creatures (thinking specifically of the charmed warriors in durlag's tower) you DO get XP for killing them so I would think it would absolutely work the same for charmed undead.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    bard is cool
    thief/mage is cool or thief/ilusionist gnome
    both gain cooler things later on and are pretty strong
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FezwulfFezwulf Member Posts: 1,817
    edited April 2013
    Valrog said:

Why was this post moved to "Help for new players (NO SPOILERS!)"?

I'm certainly not a new player, and I am asking for spoilers:)

@Valrog I just moved the topic because you posted in the Italian speak section :-)

If you prefer you are free to move the topic into other sections just clicking over the "edit" icon

Post edited by Fezwulf on