Skip to content

So I drew Xzar

KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
photo xzar-small_zps0a9067c0.png
PantalionOxford_GuySanctiferBlockFina92AkerhonSwordsNotWordsPoputtQuartzGawdzillaStickan

Comments

• PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    Chris-chan?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Not quite what I have expected to see, his design doesn't reming me of his in-game portrait, withe few expections like facial markings or general insanity expression.

Still, good job. I would like to be able to create artwork of at least this level someday.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Thanks, I wasn't trying to copy his game portrait, so that's fine.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    This is what happens when Xzar finds Shar-Teel's face paint and Xan's clothing!

Fantastic artwork. Great job
    LOL, thanks. I changed his clothes a bit because a mage robe didn't feel right (as dualed cleric, I have him green/purple).
    Quartz
  • drakescar9drakescar9 Member Posts: 65
    Xzar is one of the few NPC's from the game that scares the hell out of me he's number five
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    The portrait itself is great stuff! I do think he looks a bit young though. I'd say that portait was destined to represent the game's first halfling jester!
    edited April 2013
    I think he's in his twenties. Does it look much younger? O.o
    I've never seen any written reference to his age. Couldn't find any online now either so I could be wrong about it! Judging by his original portrait and his voice I would have guessed that he's more like 40ish. Still is a lovely portrait, but it doesn't match my vision of Xzar :)
    With the exceptions of Yeslick, Kagain, Quayle and possibly Tiax, I think most NPCs are the same age as charname or a bit older (Edwin and Eldoth in their early thirties, Shar-Teel and Safana late twenties as the "oldest"). Of course, that's just my perception. To me, Xzar is mid- to late twenties. I guess everyone has a different idea about that.
    Quartz
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Herrreeee's Xzary!
    Everyone is entitled to imagine the characters the way they want, that is the beauty of it!

I don't want to derail the topic and take the focus away from your nice handywork so I'll refrain from imposing my view on the subject :)
    Exactly, so it's not derailing, it's discussing. ;)
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Well, Branwen is several hundreds of years.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    GemHound said:

Well, Branwen is several hundreds of years.

How is she? The guy who turned her to stone is in Beregost and is a member of the Bandit Camp part fo the Iron Throne conspiracy. I doubt Branwen has been turned to stone for very long, certainly not hundreds of years.
    [Deleted User]KidCarnivalIecerintLadyRhian