Skip to content

Sarevok.. HELP!

I just got to sarevok in the original BG1 complete, I followed him to the temple of bhaal and not only can I not beat him but I cant last longer than 1 second. he casts 1 spell and it kills my entire party. I can only assume that I need to be a higher level than 7 and need some defensive spells.. can anyone give me some advice on this and tell me some good places to raise my level before the Sarevok fight?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You could try doing the Tales of the Sword Coast content, like the Ulgoth's Beard quests and Durlag's Tower. That will bump you up a level.

Otherwise, what class are you? Who is in your party? Do you have a Cleric? They have some good buff spells. Buff potions also help a lot when fighting Sarevok and his cronies.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    We really need more information before we can help. Wecould point you at strategy guides easily enough but if you're asking for help here you probably need something more tailored to your situation.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    we should know who is in your party. also in original bg1 i remember there being unlimited summons, so feel free to summon up an army, take out semaj when he teleports, then deal with the others while maintaining your army. if you don't have anything for summons, there still should be something you can do.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Sarevok can't cast spells, he's a fighter.

So, uh, what?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Can it be you trigger one of the traps? There are several that have area effects and trigger once you get in visual range of Sarevok. He isn't casting, so the obvious solution would be to scout ahead with a thief and not walk in the traps.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    That fight is freaking hard... You can do it @GuerillaTaktics!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Vanilla bg Sarevok is a true Boss. If beat him, YOU are the boss. ;)
  • GuerillaTakticsGuerillaTaktics Member Posts: 3
    Ok if sarevok cant cast then it must be a trap or one of his goonies.. but still I die instantly and I have had basically the same party since early in the game its me (sorcerer) Khalid and jaheria Imoen Minsc and Daynaheir.. I might have misspelled some of those names
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeha! I'm not a BGEE strategic excpert, but my tips: Make sure you give yourself and Dyna stoneskin. Shoot fireballs at Sarevok, let minsc and Mr. Jaheira shoot missles, while mrs Jahira shoot off sling then melee with minsc and Mr and Mrs Jaheira :D

Lure him to ya and just focus dmg on Sarevok, suddenly he dies!
    Use your wands and potions. Especially monster summoning wands. Every attack that kills a summons is one that doesn't kill you.
  • GuerillaTakticsGuerillaTaktics Member Posts: 3
    yay I did it! just had to lure him away from his friends and summon lots of stuff for him to hit instead of minsc and khalid haha thanks guys!
    Congrats! I'm glad you licked him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I believe what was instakilling the OP's party was Semaj's "Tatoo of Power", which includes (unfairly, imo), uninterruptable, instant cast Death and Flesh to Stone spells.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    How to kill Sarevok -> Google

Favorit answer: Werebear
    @HerrderGezeiten

Not Ted Nugent?
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited April 2013

I believe what was instakilling the OP's party was Semaj's "Tatoo of Power", which includes (unfairly, imo), uninterruptable, instant cast Death and Flesh to Stone spells.

Is Semaj different in the EE? I've always found him, Tazok, and Angelo to be pushovers with Sarevok being near-invincible.