Skip to content

Dorn's name

Did anyone else notice that Dorn and Gromnir from Throne of Bhaal have the same name; Il-Khan?
Speculate away my friends.

Comments

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    I think you've spotted some potential BG2 plot. Well done, good sir.
  • OYMEOYME Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2013
    Don't forget about KELdorn. I can only imagine the arguments those two will have followed inevitably by death from one or the other.
    Post edited by OYME on
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It was noticed as soon as his name was known. <_<
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    His name always makes me think of Rogal Dorn, the primarch of the Imperial Fist chapter of space marines.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    He was clearly named after the most dreaded villain in Star Trek... KHAN! Heh
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    DreadKhan said:

He was clearly named after the most dreaded villain in Star Trek... KHAN! Heh

Or Michael Dorn. XD
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    everyone has it wrong, he is related to Genghis Khan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    What about Dorn's Deep?
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    It's a bit of a strange combination of names I always thought. Dorn Il-Khan I mean. Dorn is a Chondathan name whilst Il-Khan is from Southern Faerun - most likely Calimshan. It doesn't bother me, but it's something I noticed. Regardless, you know when you hear that name that the bearer of it is going to be on some high level awesomeness.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

It's a bit of a strange combination of names I always thought. Dorn Il-Khan I mean. Dorn is a Chondathan name whilst Il-Khan is from Southern Faerun - most likely Calimshan. It doesn't bother me, but it's something I noticed. Regardless, you know when you hear that name that the bearer of it is going to be on some high level awesomeness.

It's a Khan thing. We can't help the awesome. If it becomes too much, try averting your eyes.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    DreadKhan said:

It's a Khan thing. We can't help the awesome. If it becomes too much, try averting your eyes.
    -Averts eyes and begins cowering-