Skip to content

The Mod List (with thanks)

Comments

• ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @Tanthalas thanks, edited my post to reflect that.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I should make it clear this list wasn't intended to show what is going to come with EE, it was only meant to help people who are modding a game. I need to get back to this and finish the list. Again, this is not a list of EE features, it is a list of mods and resources for use when modding a game.
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    The BG1 NPC Project (G3) is one of my favourite mods however I'm worried about the compatibility with BG EE as the fix's state:
    "All of the additions and improvements from Baldur's Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn have been brought to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition."

Does this make tutu no longer function?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    You won't need Tutu, as BGEE is already going to be in the BG2 engine. I anticipate BG1 NPC (and really, pretty much anything aimed at Tutu/BGT) to work fairly well.
    Jason_SilverainAndreaColombocmorganGodKaiserHell
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    CamDawg said:

You won't need Tutu, as BGEE is already going to be in the BG2 engine. I anticipate BG1 NPC (and really, pretty much anything aimed at Tutu/BGT) to work fairly well.

I was hoping this might be the case but I guess we won't know for certain until we get the chance to try it. :)

Well... let's just say some of us are getting a good look in the beta test. I've not seen anything to worry me and the devs have been very responsive to concerns.
    AndreaColombocmorgan
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited July 2012
    With EE hopefully Tutu and BGT will become obsolete.
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
  • WindsongWindsong Member Posts: 21
    Will all these mods work with the new enhanced engine of BGEE? Won't there be changes made to the new engine so that the mods will also need to be changed for compatibility with the new engine?
    Windsong said:

Will all these mods work with the new enhanced engine of BGEE? Won't there be changes made to the new engine so that the mods will also need to be changed for compatibility with the new engine?

CamDawg said:

Well... let's just say some of us are getting a good look in the beta test. I've not seen anything to worry me and the devs have been very responsive to concerns.

• technophobetechnophobe Member Posts: 68
    So no tp2 tweaking will need to be done? I can just install BGEE and doubleclick all my weidus, right?
    @technophobe

It depends. Baldur's Gate:EE may not run under similar enough principles for old WeiDU mods to work. These mods will either need to be updated to coexist with new game code, or some may even work off the bat if you get lucky.

To make it easier to understand, consider this here. Mods have to be installed in a certain order, some mods depend on other mods as well. The Secret of Bone Hill overwrites some graphics, while 1PP restores these for you. Since 1PP will come with BG:EE, what will this mean for BH?

I say when BG:EE comes out give the modding community time to get back in. Play the game plain first to find errors and faults because many bugs and oversights could exist.
    Cuv
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Ward said:

I say when BG:EE comes out give the modding community time to get back in.

@Ward , the modding community is already here:) Most of the top modders are in the beta, and those that aren't are in communication with them. Won't take long once it is released!

@Cuv

I knew there were some pros here (cmorgan, Ascension, etc), but I didn't know they were actively participating in the development, that's great news!

When it comes to mods I've learnt the hard way 'less is more, if you manually install'. Ha that sort of rhymed. Now that so many of the main features of Tutu/BGT and BG2Tweaks no doubt, plus the resolutions, there is less to do in order to enjoy a good game.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited August 2012
    Can anyone point me to a module that is accesible via BG or BG2 with just one area, encounters and a simple quest? Maybe I can rip it apart a bit to learn the things I need to know for creating my own adventure. Any infos are welcome!

I´m aware of the Spellhold forums btw. but to read me trough all the pages just to get a basic clue how to implement a short simple hack&slash module is somewhat very time consuming and not what i realy want.

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Maybe one of Lava's mods. Tales of the Deep Garden is kinda small and doesn't touch anything (short of bioware npc interjections?) from the game core that I can remember. The added main area isn't accessible from worldmap though if you want to look into that (area links/travel times/etc...)
    NWN_babaYaga
    @NWN_BabaYaga or anyone else. You are welcome to use and abuse my Iron Modder 1 entry from Cuv: Last Mug of Ale in Amn. It features a custom area... but it didnt win, heh.
    http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=116&Itemid=90
    NWN_babaYagacmorgan
    @Iansounet @Cuv thank you very much again guys.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Han Solo has been encased in carbomite, hah
  • Ascension64Ascension64 Member Posts: 560

With EE hopefully Tutu and BGT will become obsolete.

Interesting comment here. BG:EE will likely supercede Tutu. You would need to wait for BG2:EE and dev-developed transition if you want BGT.

AndreaColombo
    edited August 2012
    @Cuv I just created a new PC (Paladin) and am with Imoen in Irenicus dungeon, first area after the intro. When I try using the CLUAconsole with the MoveToArea command it crashes my BG. All original areas are fine, it just happens with the "ARCuv". It makes ping and BGMain crashes. Any thoughts?

I´m using vanilla BG2 w/o TOB Version 23037
    *no 3d accelration cuz my ATI card doesnt likes OpenGL devices at all.

The mod "dungeon crawl" works using the movetoarea command and looks very atmospheric btw (nice use of nwn content;)).
    Post edited by NWN_babaYaga on
    edited August 2012
    @NWN_babaYaga Oh! It might be because you dont have ToB. But not sure... will test it (hasnt even looked at it in 8 years).

Edit: Okay.. ROFL. I forgot about this. Yes, you need ToB for the effects or you will crash. I made the referee angry!
    NWN_babaYaga
    edited August 2012
    @Cuv Is it easy to get rid of the effect using one of the tools and save the area then? I just try it out;)
    Post edited by NWN_babaYaga on
    edited August 2012
    @NWN_babaYaga No... the effects are on the creatures and in the scripts and spell, so all of those gotta go.

here, just replace these two things in the installer: ARCUV.are to the .ARE folder and the tp2 in the main directory. This will just copy the area, leaves the containers (which are now empty, you still have 4 doors for the tablets, and Han Solo (of course) as an area string example. Let me know when you have it and I will remove the attachment.
    Post edited by Cuv on
    edited August 2012
    @Cuv how can i download the attachment? Doesnt works when clicky on it or try to save as, it´s just an image:D sorry for all the trouble.
  • NimzNimz Member Posts: 44
    Do you think you could categorise the mods into useful and non useful or something like that

Simply as it seems alot of these mods no longer have a use in BG:EE such as TuTu, Widescreen and Trilogy if I am not mistaken?

Also some recommended mods would be cool
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 23
    I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a new thread in case it had already been answered. I really enjoyed the extra challenge that Sword Coast Stratagems gave to Baldur's Gate. Now that we know a little more about the game, do we know if any of the better AI tweaks are going to be implemented? If not, are there modders that would be able to adapt SCS to work with BG:EE? It seems pretty silly to me for so many enemies to have awesome special abilities and never use them, and I would love to install an updated version of the mod if it isn't implemented by default. Thanks!
  • Blad3Sing3RBlad3Sing3R Member Posts: 5

@Ward
    Look, you will be much better off with a BGT megamod installation. I recommend using W_GUI as the interface, but TutuGUI can be installed without any problems on a BGT game.
    @jaysl659

I do keep a plain vanilla BG1 either way, but Tutu lets me keep a vanilla SoA/ToB as well. Assuming I haven't modded it. I've got one less thing to mess up that way then. Unless I mess up both.

I did read that manual several times when using BWP, but every third mod or so gives you a bunch of cautions to do X not Y or else Sed will happen. Too difficult to do on my own, I need more help.

I didn't think of installing everything manually, good idea. What I do know is I don't like BWP. I'm going to see if I can make this work with a Tutu installation and if not, I'll go back to BGT.

Right now I've got Tutu, degreener and GUI. Next I'm going to install the 1PP stuff I think.
    @Ward Dude go with BWS it's not BWP it has a GUI and lists components, it will warn you if you are trying to install conflicting mod components and tell you to either remove the offending component or entire mod if necessary. You can also do an "independent autoinstallation" where you can install the game to a new directory leaving your vanilla SOA/TOB untouched. I find no advantage of Tutu over BGT after years of playing these games, I'd rather play them all in one game than two and as others have said BGT is more up to date than Tutu.

Here's a link to BWS:
    http://dabus.bplaced.net/BWP/bws.php

I tried (and failed) to instal BWP recently... I have the GOG copies of BG 1 and 2. Does anyone live in NYC that would help out a fellow BG maniac in a bind?:D

Thanks!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2012

Let's mention some other stuff that I'd want to see:

1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, by @Ascension64. At the very least, the ability to play BGEE and BG2EE as a continuous game.
    2. One Pixel Productions (aka 1pp) by @erephine. All of it. Maybe this is already planned for inclusion, but if it is, all of it needs to be included.
    3. Infinity Animations, also by @erephine. At the very least, the expanded animations. Don't know about the actual content, but if there is permission to use the Pit Fiend and Succubus animations from NWN, it would be awesome.
    4. Item/Spell/Kit Revisions, by the Gibberlings3. Probally as optional components, but anything to balance the game!
    5. The BG1NPC Project, by various authors. Though it would be hard to integrate all that - it can be optional.

@William_Imm I see you have Kit Revisions on this list. Is that completed? Where can I download it? It's "In progress" at G3.
    edited August 2012
    @Blad3Sing3R

Add my gameranger Sir Prickface and I'll talk you through.
  • Blad3Sing3RBlad3Sing3R Member Posts: 5
    Ward said:

@Blad3Sing3R

Add my gameranger Sir Prickface and I'll talk you through.

Will do, at work now. Really appreciate it.

Thank you