Skip to content

The Bhaalspawn vs. The Nameless One

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
edited April 2013 in Off-Topic
Here is an interesting topic. I always wondered who'd win in a one vs one fight, Abdel or The Nameless One?
A couple rules. I've seen a versus discussion like this before and no rules were made.

So,

(1) The Nameless One being immortal cannot be apart of your discussion.

(2) This is a one on one fight. No summonings and no companions (obviously)

(3) Again, this is a one on one fight. No rematches, if you think The Nameless One would lose just say so even though he is immortal.

I think the Bhaalspawn would win. I'd just turn into slayer and rip The Nameless One's head off. Clean and easy.
  1. Abdel vs. The Nameless One56 votes
    1. The Nameless One
      82.14%
    2. Abdel
      17.86%
Post edited by 1130210 on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Abdel who?
    That name means nothing to me.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381

Fighter Nameless One - Just kills you straight up...think DoEH+AoF+Hardiness...except it's a passive ability from all the permanent bonuses and perks he's earned through the game, AND he regenerates more hp then you can literally deal each round. No contest (and just to add insult to injury, has a instant cast Heal spell from his intestines he wears around his wrist, to go with his ~350 or so HP (likely double what a single class level 40 will have, or close to it), Con/hp rolls depending).

(I'm just going to assume this is no mods at all)

Mage Nameless One - Same as above (yes, including the HP, cause TNO always rolls d10 regardless of his class, and always rolls HD, instead of getting a set amount after 10), except, chains 4 time stops at the beginning, Improved haste, tenser's and murders you with impunity with his 3d6+3 +10 fire dagger of pwnage.

Thief Nameless One - Attempts a 1-shot backstab (that's a 110-185 backstab, by the way) with aforementioned dagger of pwnage, and if that doesn't work, just beats you to death with it, slightly slower then the fighter version does...slightly..

Despite being ridiculously bad-ass and able channel a fragment of a god's power, the Nameless One is simply WAAAAY more powerful (don't feel bad though...he's had countless life times hone his badassery...he just had to remember it was there all along)....even not considering his immortality, he's a physical god, in all but name, ESPECIALLY if you did everything there was to do.

Slayer form is a downgrade from what the typical power-gamed character could do (and He Who Shan't Be Named, is a massive pansy, if you go by those things that will not be mentioned). It's only real benefit is being immune to maze/imprisionment and hitting as +5 with a decent number of attacks, making soloing demi-liches a joke. Those aside however, there's a massive amount of enemies who can easily kill you in slayer form, aside from enemies you could've torn through just as easily in normal mode, without the risk of going out of control and dying.

Actually, I agree. You make good points. And I remember TNO being stronger than the main character of BG, and my brother makes the same debate as yours. But really the power of the planes is like 100x greater than anything in the prime material realm, artifacts literally walking around. lol
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I farmed undersigil a lot. My nameless one ended up as something like 80 fighter/40 mage/30 thief.

With 25 in all stats and over 2k hp, Abdel would get melted.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Abdel would probably get more votes if you'd named him "The Bhaalspawn"
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Yeah don't call him Abdel, that is just odd. TNO gets this one because even if we aren't permitted to bring up the fact that HE CAN'T DIE, he is still buffed stat wise.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    This seems to be the attitude about Abdel. Especially Adbel in the novels
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Abdel... pfft! Who in the hell would vote for that crapweasel?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yemeth, The Nameless One, Incarnations End, Lost One.... how many more names do you want?? HE is POWER, what could a Demigod do to the incarnation of destiny?? You can say its like Elric or Corum from Michael Moorcock's books, and they've being the same incarnation, the incarnation of destiny, of BALANCE.

Abdel can be easily beaten by a Powergamer's ToB Bhaalspawn.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'd call this thread necromancy, but the all knew the Nameless One was bound to rise again.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    TNO can get very physically tough, but the magic items and weapons available to the Bhaalspawn are in a different league to those in PS:T. I don't think there's anything above +3 in PS:T, but there are a number of +6 items in TOB.

Baldur's Gate is a lot bigger and broader than PS:T, and the potential item, class and spell combinations can be very abusive.

I cannot vote for Abdel Adrian though.
    Corvino said:

TNO can get very physically tough, but the magic items and weapons available to the Bhaalspawn are in a different league to those in PS:T. I don't think there's anything above +3 in PS:T, but there are a number of +6 items in TOB.

Baldur's Gate is a lot bigger and broader than PS:T, and the potential item, class and spell combinations can be very abusive.

I cannot vote for Abdel Adrian though.

The numbers of Ultra-Over-Powedred Items in PS:T IS DAMN TOO HIGH, there is a bracelet giving 25 resistance to physical damage, and a ring giving 33% MR. And it do not ends there. There are Items doubling the spells level 1 & 2, and some giving +2 to STR, INT, WIS, those Tattos are so Over-Powered, but when it comes to weapons, Dak'kon can have a blade incidentally better than most ToB weapons.
    And TNO gets a Characteristic Point every level up, so if both are at level 40, TNO has godlike stats while Abdel is a demigod with human-like stats.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited November 2013
    Clearly biased poll. People on this forum would vote for a "Bhaalspawn" option, but never "Abdel." I have seen through your lies.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Clearly biased poll. People on this forum would vote for a "Bhaalspawn" option, but never "Abdel." I have seen through your lies.

I would be a little more tempted if it said "Bhaalspawn" instead of "Abdel" but even so, I would still vote for The Nameless One.
    edited November 2013
    I would vote for the Bhaalspawn. I'll admit I haven't played Torment, but it seems rabidly overrated, and the Nameless One just plain looks dumb.
    Post edited by Schneidend on
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Assuming that they are both of equal level and prowess, the Nameless One would win. You see, no matter what career path the BS takes, the NO can switch his class to trump him. BS is a mage? NO trains to be a rogue before the fight and BS's the BS out of the BS. BS is a fighter, NO is a mage. BS is a thief, NO is a fighter.

NO always has the upper hand.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Everyone knows that the real CHARNAME is Dinkamus Littlelog.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i guess on level 1 bhaalspawn would win as you can get really high rolls, but the nameless one will quickly begin to outpower him/her
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    HTTP get: /Abdel%20Adrian
    Error: 404 Name not found
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Even if TNO died, he'd fight and eventually beat the Bhaalspawn (I intentionally say Bhaalspawn). Bhaalspawn has only one life, TNO has infinity.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Interesting one here: The Bhaalspawn has access to Imprisonment cast from a scroll as any kind of Mage, Thief or Bard. This would get around the entire "TNO cannot die" aspect. He can still be stuck underground until the planet is destroyed.
    edited November 2013
    Also, I would imagine the Slayer transformation would, in PnP, have an ability similar to the higher levels of the Assassin prestige class, where anybody it kills cannot be resurrected by anything short of a well-worded Wish. We're talking about the avatar of the God of Icin' Foos (official title), here.

EDIT: Okay, they can be resurrected by True Resurrection, but that's still a 9th level spell.
    Post edited by Schneidend on
    Corvino said:

Interesting one here: The Bhaalspawn has access to Imprisonment cast from a scroll as any kind of Mage, Thief or Bard. This would get around the entire "TNO cannot die" aspect. He can still be stuck underground until the planet is destroyed.

But, we were saying about Abdel, and TNO can easily have 100% MR with those PS:T Ultra-OP items.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I don't know who is abdel dude however i bet his or her level cap is less than the nameless one's, unlimited. He does not stop until the player gives up! He is THAT tough guy, think again man.