Skip to content

App Store version save game and ini file?

WitzelsuchtWitzelsucht Member Posts: 1
edited April 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
From the Beamdog version, you find them in the Documents folder. In the App Store version, I can't seem to find them at all. I tried to look into the app file but didn't find them there either.

EDIT: I just dug around on the forum a bit more and found the answer. apologies and thx. It can be found in ~/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

It's a hidden folder so use go to folder on the finder or enable show all file in finder at the terminal.

Comments

• CodebakerCodebaker Member Posts: 23
    Just use the Terminal to change Finders prefs and force him to to run with that config.
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
    killall Finder

Or create an AppleScript saved as program for convenience:

display dialog "Invisible Files:" buttons {"Show", "Hide", "Cancel"} default button 3
    set the button_pressed to the button returned of the result
    if the button_pressed is "Show" then
    do shell script "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE"
    do shell script "killall Finder"

else if the button_pressed is "Hide" then
    do shell script "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE"
    do shell script "killall Finder"
    else
    -- action for 3rd button goes here
    end if

• ArteauArteau Member Posts: 11
    Hey @codebraker this is a different language for me and my Finder's Preferences don't give me an option to "show all". In fact Show All is grayed out. . . any other idea of how to get to the .ini?
    I want to just create a single ID scroll to help me around the Firebeard's Scroll Bug
  • valkyrievalkyrie Member Posts: 1
    Enable hidden folders on your drive, just google it and you can find the command for terminal. Then hold alt and right click finder and relaunch your finder. Now it will be in your user folder... userfolder/library/containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition